AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support paths incorrect at install ...

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
TRLitsey
328 Views, 2 Replies

Support paths incorrect at install ...

Hello,

Our IT department has just installed AutoCAD 2014 Electrical on my workstation.  This is a fresh new install on a machine that has just been wiped clean and rebuilt with Win 7 64-bit.  The install was from a internet download (licensed and from the AutoDESK web site).  The problem I see is that a lot of the menu selections from the schematic tab and most of the selections from the panel tab do not have the support file path names set correctly.  Which is to say if I try to insert a AB terminal block into a panel layout I get a message that ACE cannot find the dwg to insert.  I search my hard drive, find the dwg I want, then go to options and under the Support Files I add the path and presto it works fine.  But like I said, I am finding that the majority of the selections in the panel menu tab have this problem.  Is there something we can do so all of the paths are pointing correctly at install?  We have 3 more workstations that will be updated shortly.  It would be nice to have this issue corrected right from the get go.  Thank you.

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jalger
in reply to: TRLitsey

Hi TRLitsey,

If you are using an older project for your test make sure the Project Paths are set.

Test the "Insert Component" on the WDDemo Project (or NFPA Project), if you are using the one for 2014 it will have a 2014 file path.

See the screenshot below; this is where you want to make the path changes.

Project paths.png

Regards,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 3 of 3
TRLitsey
in reply to: jalger

Thank you for the reply.  The Project Support files were setup as you are showing them.  What I found in fumbling around was that the default install, at least on this workstation, only installed support files for 3 manufactorers.  After the application was installed I had to go to the Windows modify/uninstall window to modify the application.  Once in modify mode I was able to install the additional manufactorers support files.  But even with that, the 2014 install seems to have a file organiztion that is new but does not seem to be fully integrated, at least for this install exorsize.  I find that if I have a pointer to the Libs fold in the AutoCAD Electrical Option menu and AutoCAD Electrical Project Managers Options it will not drill down through the lower level folder.  So I need to have path pointers to all of the folders under AB, all of the folders under ABB etc.  All of the support files seem to have installed correctly but the Icon Menu cannot find them unless there is a explicit path pointer to the specific folder containing the spacific support file,  i.e. the pointer to Libs is there but to insert a AB breaker I need a pointer path to Libs>AB>CB-Breakers, with only the pointer to Libs it will not search/drill down through the lower folders to find the .dwg file.  At this point in time it is difficult for me to get any IT support to find out if something should have been selected in the install options so I just keep adding the support path pointers as needed.  Thanks again for your help, cheers.

Please mark as a solution if this works for you, kudos are always welcome

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost