AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support file search path reset on crash

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
franklk
252 Views, 3 Replies

Support file search path reset on crash

Several times when ACADe crashed I had problems with my company specific blocks that are centrally located on our server.

When trying to insert the company specific blocks after a crash I could not and the reason was the support file search path no longer included my network drives. Caused by the crash I assume.

Is this a known problem and is there something I can to eliminate the reset?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: franklk

I suggest editing the WD.ENV file found in your AeData folder, one level above User. There is a line in the file that looks like this: *WD_INSCOMPDLG,x:/some path/,to override starting path for INS SCHEM COMP browse button

The asterisk at the beginning prevents the line from being executed. Remove the asterisk and edit the x:/some path/ to match the absolute path to your custom blocks. ACE will go there each time you select Browse from the Insert Schematic Component dialog box.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
MartinLee

AutoCAD Electrical uses by default the ACADE profile. If you change the serach paths (or any other setting for that matter) and don't save the profile, when ACE crashes it reloads the ACADE profile with the original settings. Another way to avoid this is to create a different profile and modify your ACE desktop icon to use that profile. Right click on the icon, select Properties, and change the profile name in the Target line, /p <> to your profile name.
Message 4 of 4
franklk

Thank you both. I like the profile update... Message was edited by: Kevinf

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost