AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretching or editing the length

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
CAD-ICE
1304 Views, 6 Replies

Stretching or editing the length

Hi all!

Is there a tool that allows stretching of a Dinrail after it´s inserted in a panel layout?

Thank´s in advance.

Gary

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lionSG
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi,

Sometime I use the stretch connector, under schematic tab > edit components panel to extend or stretch the DIN rail.

Dunno if it works for you.

Message 3 of 7
OP21

Via the Ribbon ->/ Schematic / Edit Components / (under the scoot drop down) / Strech PLC Module

or

Via the menu->/ Components / Component Miscellaneous / Stretch PLC Module

Hope this helps!

Omar

Hope this helps!
Omar

P.S. If this did help you, remember to "Accept as Solution", so the answer can help others. "LIKES" are always welcomed and much appreciated! Thank-you.
Message 4 of 7
CAD-ICE
in reply to: lionSG

Nope it´s not working on ACADE2013...Smiley Sad

Tank´s anyway. Gary

Message 5 of 7
s.wile

Try it again. This is 2013 and it works for me.

Din Small.gif

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 6 of 7
testsubject
in reply to: s.wile

That does stretch the length but if you want it to look correct (i.e., appropriate slots, holes, etc) the you will have to redraw it using Insert DInrail from the menu. This block is parametrically built each time it is used. 

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 7 of 7
dougmcalexander

The stretch PLC command was named stretch block in earlier versions. It still performs the same though. It explodes a block, allows you to use AutoCAD's stretch command, and then recompiles the block. It will work with any block, not just a PLC. I actually used CUI to rename the command to stretch block again. But Bob is right. If you are going to stretch a DIN rail very far it is best to reinsert it. Stretch doesn't adjust the slots. Hint: use it to stretch wire duct as well.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost