AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Startup Suite

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dlshood
349 Views, 4 Replies

Startup Suite

For some unknown reason, my lisp routines that are added to the AutoCAD Startup Suite do not load each and every time with AutoCAD. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I have noticed that the Acad.lsp also may not be loading when I start my session.
Thanks,
Dave Shood
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: dlshood

This may help or not. This happened to me when the Admin. personel t my company changed server directories. Cad didn't give me an error or anything. It just wouldn't load. If your startup contents are on the server I would recommend placing them locally. Hope this helps! If not, sorry... "dlshood" wrote in message news:26325057.1079455408666.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > For some unknown reason, my lisp routines that are added to the AutoCAD Startup Suite do not load each and every time with AutoCAD. Does anyone have any idea what is happening? I have noticed that the Acad.lsp also may not be loading when I start my session. > Thanks, > Dave Shood
Message 3 of 5
MartinLee

You can also modify the ACAD.MNL file and add load lisp commands. Just be sure that you have a backup of this file so that later versions of ACADE won't destroy your modification. Here is a sample from my MNL file.

(defun-q ELEC_STARTUP ( )
(load "burst")
(load "ctxt")
(load "cirtxt")
(load "mckee3w")
)
(setq S::STARTUP (append S::STARTUP ELEC_STARTUP))
Message 4 of 5
MartinLee

I forgot one thing: This code is added to the end of the MNL file, just before the (princ) statement.

Martin
Message 5 of 5
dlshood

Thanks for your reply... I am aware of adding lisps into the acad.mnl but I really liked the new Start-up Suite feature offered in AutoCAD.
Dave

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost