AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
RIC618
2350 Views, 7 Replies

Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility

Hi,

Anybody available to help me out in this problem?

I am using the Spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility Tool to generate multiple type of card schematics automatically, I have two limiting in this tool:

1. I can not set up individual distance between devices or terminals, this is something simetric and it is not helping me too much. I have some devices as Barriers and Surge protectors that they are for a single and double chanel and require 4 or more connection pins. I need to ajust the distance between terminals and devices separately.

2. Card module work perfect with the input lines, devices and terminals on line, but when I require and extra terminals in outside lines of the card module, doesn't work. Seen to me this tool was built for a specifics type of PLC as Modicon.Modicon is no the only PLC that we have in the industry.

3. Some cards have some pins on the middle of the channels, I can not customize this configuration on the spreadsheet, because I got mess all terminals and devices when I generate the drawing. The terminals and devices got out from the channel line, this is not good. the spreadsheet must keep your function as a row, because a row in the spreadsheet is a line on the AutoCAD drawing.

4. I know that I can pull many type of cards that I want, using NEW_DWG on the Code column, this give the opportunity to choose new settings for the new drawing, but the spreadsheet must carry a tool of command that call automatically the settings for a new drawing.

I will appreciate somebody can help me to solve that problems , maybe somebody have an idea how we can fix the wdio files on the script, or maybe this is a future improve from AutoCAD staff.

Thanks a lot!

Ricardo Traslavina

rtraslavina@enerflex.com

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
electricman1
in reply to: RIC618

I would recommend looking at the PLC Database File Editor.

Hint: You may also insert a saved circuit such as an 3-wire analog device by Placing an asterisk (*) in front of a device block name (DnBLK) to trigger an Insert Circuit instead of an Insert Component. Adding the "*" lets the AutoCAD Spreadsheet Utility know NOT to Block the circuit.

If in need of A-B PLC's this site may be helpful:

www.racklayout.com

Message 3 of 8
RIC618
in reply to: electricman1

Thank you very much !
Message 4 of 8
RIC618

I have been working hard to get this staff done, but unfortunately AutoCAD is not flexible to my PLC drawings, I don't know what to do.

Anybody can help me please!
Message 5 of 8
aikorob

See if this link will work for you:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100627200844/http://nateholt.wordpress.com/

if it will, scroll down to the 2/11/2010 entry---

Message 6 of 8
RIC618
in reply to: aikorob

Thank you very much!

I would like to introduce myself and have the oppoertunity to talk with you. This is my e-mail: traslavina.ricardo@gmail.com or rtraslavina@enerflex.com

Thanks!

Message 7 of 8
RIC618

Good Morning!

I will need a litter help!

1. I am building multiple drawing from Excel spreadsheet to PLC I/O Utility tool, but when I try to break my module with the word "BREAK" on the excell spreadsheet doesn't work, any suggestions?

2. Another problem that I have to solve is the spacing between the devices, This is a simetric distance set up for all of them. Anyway that I can control the distance between devices separatelly?

3. I would like to learn programing with AutoList, Any suggestion or course that I can take from Autodesk AutoCAD or other person?

4. Some modules are coming with the controller, digital inputs and Outputs; and Analog inputs and Outputs. I want to customize a module that it can break in 3 or 4 parts, and be available to change from input to output location in the drawing.

5. I am very interested to customize my wdio.lsp files. I have been working hard to get all things done in my company. We bought 20 AutoCAD Electrical lisences, everything goes very good, but I need help, please if somebody is available to teach and explain me AutoLIST programing, let me know.

I work for Enerflex in Calgary, AB, Canada. Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
JAXXCAD

Could you share your spreadsheet format? Looking to attempt similar procedure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost