AutoCAD Electrical General

Mentor
Wheelie22
Message 1 of 4 (149 Views)

Source / destination arrow - attribute WIRECOLOR

149 Views, 3 Replies
09-20-2012 02:03 AM

The attribute WIRECOLOR is not available with the command Edit Component.

How can we use it with AcadE ? and not just attedit.

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 4 (144 Views)

Re: Source / destination arrow - attribute WIRECOLOR

09-20-2012 06:02 AM in reply to: Wheelie22

The color of the wire comes from the layer it is on, not the components. If you want to change the color, use the "Create/Edit Wire Type" command to create the layer and "Change/Convert Wire Type" command to change it.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Mentor
Wheelie22
Message 3 of 4 (141 Views)

09-20-2012 06:35 AM in reply to: Wheelie22

No..

If you double click on a arrow you get all the attributes in the Enhaned Attribute Editor, and there is a WIRECOLOR attribute there !

*Expert Elite*
Message 4 of 4 (136 Views)

09-20-2012 07:32 AM in reply to: Wheelie22

I get what you are saying now. Funny thing; I checkedalf a dozen source symbols on my computer (Runnning ACE 2013) and none of them have the WIRECOLOR attribute in them...

Not sure what to tell you. Are you using stock symbols or ones that were created by someone else? What library are you using?

I should state that you should not be changing the attribute with the ACAD Advanced Att Editor. You should be using the ACE's Edit Component instead. If you do it the other way, the project database does not get updated.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community