AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source arrows

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
310 Views, 3 Replies

Source arrows

I am trying to add my signal source arrows and the 1-4 options don't fit my needs.  I assume 5 and up are for my own design?  If this true, how do I go about accomplishing this?  I have attached a sample of what I am looking for.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Interesting that one of the 4 doesn't work for you.  Those are all industry standard.  The examples in NFPA-79 even use the "oyster cracker" shaped sources and destinations.  I prefer the style 1 arrows myself because I don't have to worry about my rung numbers being too ling to fit inside a box or oyster cracker.

But if you wish to create your own I suggest starting with one of the existing ones.  You need to copy all files, for both horizontal and vertical versions, plus don't forget to get both source and destination files and grab the inline versions as well.  You can edit with plain AutoCAD.  Change the graphical appearance to suit you.  You will also need to create bitmap files to replace the images for style 5.  Below is an excerpt from AutoCAD Electrical Help, which explains the location and naming convention for the bitmap files:

Add custom signal arrow styles

The icon menu graphics that display for the various signal styles are bitmap files saved to your C:\Program Files [(x86)]\Autodesk\Acade {version}\Acade\ folder where AutoCAD Electrical's Insert Signal utilities and Drawing Properties tool can access them.

1. Create the style in AutoCAD.
  2. Zoom in to the new arrow style.
  3. Save the file as a bitmap using the following name definition: A_STYLExh.bmpwhere "x" is the arrow style 1-9.
    NoteIf the resulting bitmap is too small or off-center, open the source drawing in AutoCAD again. Resize your AutoCAD graphics window so that it is more square. Center the image and resave. Repeat until you are satisfied with the result.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

Because I haven't used this before, I was a bit unclear what I'm actually after with this.  The oyster cracker is what I want to use, but when I place it, I want the wires disconnected with text on both ends.  I usually have three lines of text on each. 

Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander
in reply to: Anonymous

Source and destination arrows are designed to continue a wire in a new location. If you don't want wires connected, try using Stand-alone cross-references.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost