AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source & Destination Updating

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Patrick.Lee
4135 Views, 9 Replies

Source & Destination Updating

Hi,

Is there anyway of updating all Source & Destination signals all at once ? at the moment i have to update each individual one which is time consuming, it is a shame cross reference udpate doesn't update them ?

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rhesusminus
in reply to: Patrick.Lee

There is a button for that, a little bit hidden though:

Capture.png

This is also done project wide using the update/retag-button on the project tab.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 10
Patrick.Lee
in reply to: rhesusminus

Rhesusminus thanks so much buddy ! I see what you mean about hidden ! 

Message 4 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Patrick.Lee

Hello guy´s

one comment to the solved solution.

I have alway´s used this tool for updating of signal references but I have seen occations  where some of the references aren´t updated?

After doing a project wide update of signal references I have noted as mentioned that some references don´t update and just by "right-clicking" on the signal arrow and choosing (Retag/Update) the reference is updated without any problems at all??

Attached is an image showing the "Project-Wide Update or Retag" dialog box. If I just want to update the signal references and not the wire numbering, how would I set the settings in the dialog box...do I have to make any adjustments through the "Setup" button in the dialog box?

Regards, Gary

Message 5 of 10
PatrickRobinson
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hey Gary,

We are seeing the same thing. We can run the update retag project wide but every now and then, some arrows do not update.

War Eagle

Patrick Robinson
Message 6 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: PatrickRobinson

Hi Patrick,

seems like Autodesk isn´t going to comment on this. It´s a bit annoying to discover that you can´t rely on that all signal arrows aren´t updated as requested.

We will just have to live with this until a solution is awailable.

Have a nice one...

Regards, Gary

Message 7 of 10
ccad2509

Hello Gary i though i got all the interesting bugs but this one is a bit disturbing Autodesk makes a big deal in their sales literature about cross referencing and if there is a repeatable issue they will no doubt ignore it until it becomes an embarrassment for them no comment from Autodesk falls into 3 options option 1 they are checking it out option 2 they know about it but cant solve it option 3 they know about it but wont do anything about it take your pick PS had another interesting day yesterday meet with a new client purchased 5 Eplans even thought they we getting the complementary discount on their inventors reason why Eplan now fully integrates with vault and Acade couldn't do what they wanted it to do
Message 8 of 10
metal_pro2

Do you do a Project database update prior to the project signal update? I have never had an issue as you are discussing provided I do the Rebuild project database first.
Message 9 of 10
CAD-ICE
in reply to: metal_pro2

Hi and thank´s for your input.

I see where you are getting at and this is one of ACADE drawback´s. Normally you run a command and if something does´nt work you have several remedies to try out. One of the is the rebuild, if that doesn´t work you can delete the scratch database and rebuild from there.

I think you are right suggesting a certain workflow like doing a full rebuild before doing a project wide update.

Next time, I´ll start with that.

One other thing, which tool do you prefer to use to do a project wide update of signals (source/destination) ? Is it the "Update signal references" button placed under "Edit wires/wire Numbers" tab or do you use the project wide update or retag placed in the utilities?

Thank´s again, Gary

Message 10 of 10
PatrickRobinson

Just to be clear,

On small projects, under 100 schematic pages, we typically have no problems at all. Its the big projects where we have multiple people working on the job at the same time. The biggest issue in doing this is that the Source Code "Use" button that brings in the next sequential code gets duplicated when two people have different drawings open and they are putting in source codes. Our procedure is to start with code 001 and let ACE assign the code via the Use button. It would be nice if this source code could be generated automatically. The other issue is that occasionally one or two source and or destination arrows will not update. Usually right clicking the arrow and selecting Retag/Update fixing this issue. The other issue i have seen twice is that the use button will not bring in the next sequential number. I believe that deleting the scratch database fixed this issue, but that was a few releases ago.

Below is our procedure before we release for construction:

1. Rebuild DB, Type AEREBUILDDB in command prompt, Full Rebuild
2. Update Sig References, Type AEUPDATESIGREF in command prompt
3. Project-wide update/ retag with boxes for Component Retag, Cross-reference Update, Wire Numbers and Signal Tag/Retag, and Title Block Update
4. Drawing Audit
5. Electrical Audit
6. Go to step 1 if changes were made as a result of steps 4 or 5
7. Utilities with "Set all wire number to fixed" and Parent Component tags: Fix/Unfix set to "Set all to Fixed"
8. Generate From To Reports
9. Use the From To Reports to verify drawings
10. Go to step 1 if changes were made as a result of step 7
11. Update Drawing List table
12. Mark drawings using the Mark/ Verify Utility
13. Publish Drawings

War Eagle

Patrick Robinson

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost