AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source / Destination arrow issue... or bug?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1324 Views, 3 Replies

Source / Destination arrow issue... or bug?

I'm having an issue with the source / destination arrow commands on parts of my schematics. What happens is I insert my first source arrow on sheet 101, the destination is also on sheet 101. No issues with the first pair. The next source arrow is spaced .5" below the first destination arrow, and I have it using a different signal code. My signal codes are "SO_CABLE_1", "SO_CABLE_2",...."SO_CABLE_5." When I place the destination arrow for the second pair on sheet 102, it is using the wire number from the first source/destination pair. so lets say the wire number on the first pair is 101081. when I insert the second pair from sheet 101 (source) to sheet 102 (destination) it will use the wire number 101081, even though I have different signal codes. this error carries through all the way until my 5th pair of source / destination arrows.

I am "attaching" the wires for these pairs of source destination arrows to a custom symbol, although on other custom symbols it doesn't seem to be doing this same error. I have tried manually changing the wire number on the source and destination arrows by double clicking and entering in new data, but when I right click and select "update tag/refresh" it reverts back to the incorrect wire number (101081). Not sure what's going on, running out of things I can think of to try. I am using different signal codes, although the first chunk of characters remains the same.

*edit* 

I should mention that I am using a cable marker on the source wire, maybe this is causing an issue?

I have tried placing a wire number on the wire with the cable marker, and it changes the source arrows and wire numbers for the 6 wires, spaced at .5" above the source arrow I am having an issue with. Smiley Surprised

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Icemanau
in reply to: Anonymous

Are the wires connecting to the different sources joined together at any point?

The Source/Destination arrows pass the connected wire number from the source to the destination. If two destinations that are connected to two different sources, have the same wire number, I would be checking the wiring on the source side of things first.

The signal codes are just to differentiate between the different source/destination pairs and have nothing to do with the wire number. To check, double click on each source/destination block in turn to bring up the list of attributes and their values. The block should contain the following attributes.

WIRENO          Taken from the source connected wire. Passed to the destination connected wire.

DESC1             Entered at the source dialog box if required

XREF                Normal cross reference attribute. points to any connected destination blocks

SIGCODE         The Signal code you enter at the Dialog Box. Used to differentiate between seperate source/destination combinations

X?TERM01       The wire connection point. (? changes to suit connection direction)

Normally, the only two ways that two destinations coneccted to two different sources show the same wire number would be if the wires to those two different sources was joined together and shared the wire number.

If the two different sources used to be connected together, but you then seperated the wires and placed a new number on the wire to the second source, you may get the problem you are having. Run a dwg audit from the reports menu, then do a signal update and see if that helps.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
testsubject

You mntioned that you were using a custom symbol.

If the X?TERM?? attributes all have the same TERM value this will cause all wires connected to them to have the same wire number.

Maybe you can post the symbol for us to look at. 

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 4 of 4
dougmcalexander

Check the Feature Scale Multiplier in Drawing Properties>Drawing Format.  I have encountered people trying to use this for English to Metric conversion.  The FSM should be used to gently nudge symbols/features (features are such things as node dots, angled tees, wire offsets, etc.) up or down in scale.  I generally recommend no value higher than 2 or less than 0.5.  If the value is too large it can cause problems with the wire trap distance, which I have seen cause strange issues with numbering and cross-referencing.  If you need to scale symbols from English to Metric or vice versa, I recommend using the Modify Symbol Library utility. The scale function is the first option.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost