I have a project that I copied from another project that the source and destination work fine. I am using the #6 group of symbols that have worked fine in over 100 projects prior to this one. Here is what I have tried so far:
1. When I place the first source/destination on the sheet, the xref is missing.
2. I check in the attributes > list/edit and the information is correct and the DESC1 and XREF are marked for visible. I even toggled them off and on. The DESC1 goes on and off, but the XREF never appears.
3. I checked in sheet properties and #6 is selected.
4. I checked in project properties and #6 is selected.
5. I checked to make sure the proper libraries were selected in project properties. They were correct.
6. Next I looked at the symbol in the symbol builder. All looked fine and I compared it to a working project and all fine. I even compared library listings from the good project. All fine.
7. I closed the block editor, and the Xref appeared.
8. I saved the sheet. The XREF just disappears again.
9. I close the sheet and reopen it, the XREF is still missing. Open it in symbol builder and close the symbol builder with no edits at all, so it does not bring up the save window. The XREFs reappear.
10. I do a normal save again, they disappear again.
11. I close and reopen the project, same results as above.
12. I update the symbol from the library, same results.
13. I remove the symbols, purge them, and place new ones, same results as above.
14. I remove the symbols, purge them, and copy and paste a working one from a different working project, same results as above.
15. I compared the wdp and wdt files from a good project to this one, and I did not see any anomalies there either.
What am I missing? There has to be something that I don't see that causes this.
can you post a drawing with the source/destination on it with the missing xref so I can look at it? Right now the only thing I can think of is a layer being turned off. But maybe if I see the drawing I can tell what is happening.
Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!