AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Source\Destination Arrows

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jswiler
239 Views, 5 Replies

Source\Destination Arrows

Is there a way to make the source and destination arrows trim a wire upon insertion? When I insert a source or destination arrow, I would like to insert them at the intersection of the rung and the hot or neutral wire. I have altered the block drawings for the arrows to make the insertion point to be different from where the wire termination point is, but it still does not trim the wire to the termination point.

Thanks,
Justin
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
cawaugh
in reply to: jswiler

At an intersection, Electrical asks you "Add branching wire stub for arrow?". This gives you a user selected length of wire with the arrow on the end. I haven't seen Electrical try to put just the arrow at the intersection. From your message, I'm not sure why you would have an arrow at the intersection in the first place but I don't know your process. Maybe if you could provide a little more detail or a dwg with what you are trying to do, I could help.
Message 3 of 6
jswiler

Attached is an example.

Let me walk you through what I want to do. I have adjusted my arrow block drawings. So when I insert them at the intersection they will automatically trim the wire to the wire termination point. This way I don't need to trim the rung (wire) back to be able to insert the arrow. I hope that this makes sense. I am new to ACADE and I probably don't really understand how this was supposed to work.
Message 4 of 6
cawaugh

For some reason, I am not able to pull up your dwg. Why don't you email it to me at cawaugh@mmm.com and I'll look at it.
Message 5 of 6
chubby-1

Justin:
ACE does not as a "standard" trim a wire when you insert a source or destination arrow. you can however use other means to trim your wire back such as offsetting a "phase" wire a specified distance and using AutoCAD's "TRIM" command......etc. Hope this helps.

Marty
Message 6 of 6
jswiler

I have tried this and when I do, I still have to delete each "dot tee marker". Why can I edit everything else to what I want and not this? Given the standard arrow, how am I supposed to insert? Am I supposed to trim back the wires? If I am, it does not seem to user friendly!!

Thanks,
Justin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost