AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snap ON / Off AutoCAD 2012

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
Anonymous
10072 Views, 24 Replies

Snap ON / Off AutoCAD 2012

Is it any way to get old snap behavior activated in AutoCAD 2012?

I run some scripts which depend on the old snap behavior.

Best regards

HAZ

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
in reply to: dougmcalexander

It works as a system variable in my SV lisp

SETVAR
SNAPISOPAIR
SETVAR
SNAPGRIDLEGACY
SETVAR
SNAPSTYL
SETVAR
SNAPTYPE

but strangely it was not listed as a system variable under Experess Tools System Variables, where I looked first priot to this post.   Autodesk; any more ystem variables that are not listed under express tools?

Message 22 of 25
Jerry_Jumpjet
in reply to: Anonymous

I agree with this guy....  "post" (on page 1)

I will not add all of my qualifications to keep this short other than: I have used AutoCAD since ver. 1.7 (1985)

SNAP is such a fundemental feature to change how it acts since the beginning...

My AutoCAD Electrical (2013) says I have a "Legacy" option available with the "SNAP" along with a non-existent "SNAPGRIDLEGACY" system variable that does NOT WORK....

What's the deal...????

(added: I see a lot of replies referring to a "service pack" available for 2012...  how about those who came back in with 2013...???   currently, with no service packs installed, why is this "legacy" option, that my own help menu says I have, does NOT work....????)

Message 23 of 25

Why is this "service pack" that corrects this problem not incorporated with AutoCAD Elec 2013....??? currently with no service packs installed, my AutoCAD 2013 has a non functioning "Legacy" option under the "Snap" command and a non-existent SNAPGRIDLEGACY system variable....
Message 24 of 25
jalger
in reply to: Jerry_Jumpjet

Hi Jerry,

When you install the product you have the option to download service packs and have them installed at that same time.

(You have to expand the Installer window to select the options you want).

It simple when you product software your not going to throw out all the old media and make new media because of a change.

(you would never make money that way). So instead software companies release patches, think of video games how many of them do you have to patch JUST to play... lots of them.

Sometimes RTM (Release to manufacturer) is not perfect.

You Stated:

"currently with no service packs installed, my AutoCAD 2013 has a non functioning "Legacy" option under the "Snap" command and a non-existent SNAPGRIDLEGACY system variable...."

Seems the simple Soultion is to download the service pack.

This is the current Location of the Service pack (SP2 for 2013)

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-electrical/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-el...

I hope this helps,

James

James Alger
(I'm on several hundred posts as "algerj")

Work:
Dell Precision 5530 (Xeon E 2176M)
1tb SSD, 64GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro P2000, Win10
Message 25 of 25
Jerry_Jumpjet
in reply to: jalger

Thx for your added comments....

Though, I know that the fix for this was generated for Ver. 2012...

I just thought it would have been incorporated in 2013 without having to "monkey" around. Especially when it is documented in the help information. Perhaps some instruction needs to be added to say something about the "service pack" that is needed for this to function...

My company has an "IT" guy that loads our software, so I was not aware of the "extras" that were available to me....

Jerry Wildrom

Advanced Electric and Controls
2225 Pine Ridge Drive
Jenison, Michigan 49428
(616) 662-1309 office
(616) 662-1310 fax
www.AdvancedElectricAndControls.com

[Advanced Electric and Controls]

Learn more about Advanced Electric and Controls

NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission may contain confidential information and is intended only for the person(s) named. Any use, copying or disclosure by any other person is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender via e-mail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost