AutoCAD Electrical General

Message 1 of 3 (117 Views)

Simple connector question

117 Views, 2 Replies
05-03-2013 05:54 AM

I'm still learning basics...and hit a stumbling block.

I'm working on a 8 sheet ladder schematic for a maching with a large main connector - 48 pins scattered throughout the schematic.  I can put the first "parent" pin on the first page and a few "siblings" to match without any issue.  I can't figure out how to get back to reference the original "parent" on sheet 1 when I move on to other sheets, it want's to start over with a new parent.  How do I get back into the "insert child" mode of the component insert?

Thanks,

Pat

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: Simple connector question

05-03-2013 06:14 AM in reply to: patrick.perry

On the Connectors page in the menu, you will find several of the symbols with "2+" next to them. These are the 'child" symbols. Use these on the pages that are not on the parent dwg.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Distinguished Contributor
s.wile
Message 3 of 3 (78 Views)

Re: Simple connector question

05-07-2013 04:05 AM in reply to: patrick.perry

If your using the parametric connector there is a 'Start Connector as  Child' check box. Then press the Project button when editing the connector to link it back to the parent.

conn.png

Stan Wile
http://myacade.blogspot.com/
IMAGINiT Technologies

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community