AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Arrow Style

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
604 Views, 6 Replies

Signal Arrow Style

How do I remove just the text 'From' or 'To' on the source-destination cross-reference and make it the default. That is, I select '1' on the Signal Arrow Style dialog box, but I do not want the text 'To' on the drawing (I do want the wire #). -- Ed
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ed, The "to" and "from" text is pulled from the XREF attribute's "prompt" value. To get rid of it, open up each of the signal arrow library symbols (ex: HA1S1.dwg in your JIC1 or JIC125 or IEC2 or IEC4 folder - whichever library you're using), and use DDEDIT to edit the XREF attribute definition. Blank out the "prompt" value in the edit box. Do this to each of the arrow symbols (there are 8 per "style"). That should do it. Nate. "Ed" wrote in message news:407c420e_3@newsprd01... > How do I remove just the text 'From' or 'To' on the source-destination > cross-reference and make it the default. > That is, I select '1' on the Signal Arrow Style dialog box, but I do not > want the text 'To' on the drawing (I do want the wire #). > > -- > Ed > >
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Thanks, that did it! ed "Nate Holt (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:407cc2f9_1@newsprd01... > Ed, > The "to" and "from" text is pulled from the XREF attribute's "prompt" value. > To get rid of it, open up each of the signal arrow library symbols (ex: > HA1S1.dwg in your JIC1 or JIC125 or IEC2 or IEC4 folder - whichever library > you're using), and use DDEDIT to edit the XREF attribute definition. Blank > out the "prompt" value in the edit box. Do this to each of the arrow symbols > (there are 8 per "style"). That should do it. > Nate. > > > "Ed" wrote in message > news:407c420e_3@newsprd01... > > How do I remove just the text 'From' or 'To' on the source-destination > > cross-reference and make it the default. > > That is, I select '1' on the Signal Arrow Style dialog box, but I do not > > want the text 'To' on the drawing (I do want the wire #). > > > > -- > > Ed > > > > > >
Message 4 of 7
dltimmons

I know this is a old post I want to do this with 2014 and it does not work. Would like to have just the description and ref on one line with a "/" bewteen them

Message 5 of 7
drathak
in reply to: dltimmons

@dltimmons wrote:

I know this is a old post I want to do this with 2014 and it does not work. Would like to have just the description and ref on one line with a "/" bewteen them

I'm still on 2013, so I can't speak to why that doesn't work.  (It should.)  Are you sure you only have one copy of those symbols and it isn't grabbing the unedited ones?

But as for changing how the description and cross reference are displayed, you would still need to edit all the blocks. Make the DESC1 attribute right aligned, then add a "/" symbol by itself, then put the XREF attribute after that and make it left aligned.  With a little experimenting and tweaking you should be able to get what you want.  (Are you sure you want the DESC1 or maybe the WIRENO instead?)

See the attached image for what I mean.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 6 of 7
dltimmons
in reply to: drathak

Thanks

We making the change from Promis*E We liked or got use to the way it did signals, The signal code was a little confusing at first till figure our to use the use button and let AcadE set the signal code.

After three or four rounds of Purge and Swap/update Block it finnally started working. I got it down to Desc1 on one line and Ref on a second line that is a better fit for us. We do not want the wire number at the signal arrow.

Message 7 of 7
drathak
in reply to: dltimmons

@dltimmons wrote:

Thanks

After three or four rounds of Purge and Swap/update Block it finnally started working. I got it down to Desc1 on one line and Ref on a second line that is a better fit for us. We do not want the wire number at the signal arrow.

Cool.  And that is what customization is all about.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost