AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
btackes
Message 1 of 3 (133 Views)

Shield Bug

133 Views, 2 Replies
11-29-2012 08:24 AM

I found a bug in the way the shield of a cable reports on wiring diagrams.  For some reason if the wire coming off the shield is a straight one segment wire the color of the wire that has the shielded cable symbol reports instead of SHLD.  However if there is a jog  or multiple segments to the wire it reports SHLD as it should.  I’ve attached a screenshot of the behavior for clarification.  I am using the following code for wire annotation “%L(%2)%V(%H)”.

*Expert Elite*
Message 2 of 3 (127 Views)

Re: Shield Bug

11-29-2012 11:19 AM in reply to: btackes

Out of curiosity, did you try going down with a single segment instead of up? I noticed that the SHLD was in the bottom cable segment...

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Active Contributor
btackes
Message 3 of 3 (125 Views)

Re: Shield Bug

11-29-2012 11:40 AM in reply to: btackes

There are shield connections on both ends the termdesc attribute is just hidden by default (it makes no difference if it's visible) on the parent symbol.  The child symbols do seam to work ok but it's an obvious bug with the parent symbols.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community