AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheet Numbering

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mgaccioli
456 Views, 4 Replies

Sheet Numbering

All,

I am using the title block update for my project, but the sheet number only updates on the first drawing.
All title blocks in the drawing are the same with respect to attributes (shtno = sheet) in my WDT file and all other attributes update correctly. I have check the titleblock against the WDT file several times.

I thought that the ACADE would update the sheet number in the order that they appear in the project file order?

My question then is, do I have to manually place the sheet number in the attribute or am I missing something.

BTW, the total number of sheets updates just fine. Strange huh?

Can someone help me out here.

Thanks in advance,

Mike Gaccioli
Prim Hall Ent.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MartinLee
in reply to: mgaccioli

This is a dumb question, but when it comes to debugging this stuff one can not overlook the obvious. Have you set the steet numbers for each drwing in the Drawing Config and Default Setting dialog box???
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Mike, Martin (see previous response) is correct. The SHEET value that gets mapped through the ".wdt" file to your title block is that drawing's "SHEET %S" value. This value is what you've manually assigned to the drawing (through the AcadE CONFIG dialog). If this manual process is not something you're excited about, you can "resequence" all of the project drawing's "SHEET %S" assignment from the Project toolbar flyout > Project-Wide retag/resequence command dialog > "Sheet" > "Resequence - start with xxx". This will batch run your project and put in an incrementing SHEET value into each dwg's AcadE CONFI. Then, after these are in place, running the title block update will (hopefully) give you the results you're looking for. Nate.
Message 4 of 5
mgaccioli

Well, I feel dumb. I forgot to check off the renumber all sheets check box in the bottom of the TB update dialog box. You are right Martin, look at the obvious before going to deep.

Thanks for your quick response and hopefully I won't be ao dumb next time.

Mike Gaccioli
Prim Hall Ent.
Message 5 of 5
MartinLee

Well, Mike, we've all been there and done that, and will probably do it again sometime! But that is what this forum is all about. It's sorta like one big user's group, sharing ideas, comments, questions, etc. Too bad we don't actually get to meet everyone.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost