AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup for A-size dwgs

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
798 Views, 4 Replies

Setup for A-size dwgs

We draw in A -size prints (8.5,11). Autocad Electrical appears to only want to work in D-Size. How do I get Autocad Electrical to adjust its dimensions and resize components for A-Size? Does this work in a total project basis only or per print? Thanks, -nn
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I notice if I use .5 for scale factor, the text is way too small on the PLC IO modules. -nn "NetNathan" wrote in message news:3fe8d521$1_6@statler... > We draw in A -size prints (8.5,11). > Autocad Electrical appears to only want to work in D-Size. > How do I get Autocad Electrical to adjust its dimensions and resize > components for A-Size? > Does this work in a total project basis only or per print? > Thanks, > -nn > >
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

AutoCAD Electrical is not limited to working on any specific drawing size. The default libraries supplied with the product are sized so that they probably work better on larger drawing formats but that shouldn't stop you from resizing things to work just as cleanly on a smaller drawing formats. There are two approaches, either 1) force AutoCAD Electrical to insert everything at some smaller scale, or 2) resize the symbol library down to the smaller scale and operate AutoCAD Electrical in a "normal" non-scaled mode. The second approach is probably the better one if you plan to do a lot of work at this reduced scale. Summarizing the 2nd approach above: To resize a symbol library: a) copy the desired symbol library (ex: JIC125 or IEC4) to a new folder, b) go to the "Electrical > Component Misc > Sym Lib Text Size Wizard" pulldown entry. c) Browse to your copied folder of schematic symbols, d) enter a new, smaller scale and let the utility resize all of your symbols, e) now, for your AutoCAD Electrical projects, reference this revised library (PROJ dialog > Symbol LIB subdialog). Make sure the drawings electrical CONFIG > Scale is set to 1.0. Now, as you pop in new symbols, they should come from this resized library. "NetNathan" wrote in message news:3fe8d521$1_6@statler... > We draw in A -size prints (8.5,11). > Autocad Electrical appears to only want to work in D-Size. > How do I get Autocad Electrical to adjust its dimensions and resize > components for A-Size? > Does this work in a total project basis only or per print? > Thanks, > -nn > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

The 2nd approach looks good. However, I notice the text on the plc modules ids very small after scaling. Is there an easy way to resize text? -nn "Nate Holt (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:3fe9d8d2$1_7@statler... > AutoCAD Electrical is not limited to working on any specific drawing size. > The default libraries supplied with the product are sized so that they > probably work better on larger drawing formats but that shouldn't stop you > from resizing things to work just as cleanly on a smaller drawing formats. > > There are two approaches, either 1) force AutoCAD Electrical to insert > everything at some smaller scale, or 2) resize the symbol library down to > the smaller scale and operate AutoCAD Electrical in a "normal" non-scaled > mode. The second approach is probably the better one if you plan to do a lot > of work at this reduced scale. > > Summarizing the 2nd approach above: > To resize a symbol library: a) copy the desired symbol library (ex: JIC125 > or IEC4) to a new folder, b) go to the "Electrical > Component Misc > Sym > Lib Text Size Wizard" pulldown entry. c) Browse to your copied folder of > schematic symbols, d) enter a new, smaller scale and let the utility resize > all of your symbols, e) now, for your AutoCAD Electrical projects, reference > this revised library (PROJ dialog > Symbol LIB subdialog). Make sure the > drawings electrical CONFIG > Scale is set to 1.0. Now, as you pop in new > symbols, they should come from this resized library. > > > > "NetNathan" wrote in message > news:3fe8d521$1_6@statler... > > We draw in A -size prints (8.5,11). > > Autocad Electrical appears to only want to work in D-Size. > > How do I get Autocad Electrical to adjust its dimensions and resize > > components for A-Size? > > Does this work in a total project basis only or per print? > > Thanks, > > -nn > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

If there is just a subset of the electrical symbols that you want to process to make text larger, like the PLC parametric build symbols, then make a temp folder and copy these symbol dwgs to it. Rerun the "Sym Text Size Wizard" tool on just this temp folder and see if you can get the text size to what you're looking for. Spot check the results. If the symbols seem to look good, move them back into your working library folder. If this fails to give satisfactory results, then I guess you'll have to resort to the "brute force" method (calling each symbol up and manually adjusting).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost