AutoCAD Electrical General

*Abhishek Singhal
Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)

Selector Switch

319 Views, 3 Replies
12-16-2003 01:46 AM
Hello Everyone I think AutoCAD Electrical is a great product which can solve many of my problems. However, I have a different representation of Selector swithch as follows:- P1, P2, P3 and P4 are different positions of the switch. A black dot indicates terminals would be connected if the switch is on them. So for the first line, the terminals would be connected if switch is at P1 or P2 Several such instances of the switch occur in the whole schematic to denote whereever another way of Selector Switch is required. Any ideas ... ? Thanks and Regards Abhishek Singhal
Contributor
IsaacLinnett
Message 2 of 4 (319 Views)

Re: Selector Switch

03-22-2005 05:20 PM in reply to: *Abhishek Singhal
This selector switch is part of the Australian standards symbol library. Currently the AS library does not exist so you will have to create your own symbol.
Valued Contributor
DougBr
Message 3 of 4 (319 Views)

03-31-2005 06:44 AM in reply to: *Abhishek Singhal
If you are using Acade 2006 you may consider trying to create a Dynamic Block for this switch and have the contact points linked to show/noshow, I'm just starting to mess with it myself and it looks promising.
*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 4 of 4 (319 Views)

03-31-2005 02:01 PM in reply to: *Abhishek Singhal
For multi-position switches I use the "State" box within the "Switch Position" box of the "Insert/Edit Component" dialog box.

For the Switch positions "On" state I use an "X" else I use "O" for all off states.

For example, a two position normally open switch would have "OX" in that box. A three position switch (all N.O.) in the first position would have "XOO"

Maybe you could use this...

Robert Hanrahan
ACE user since 1998
Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community