AutoCAD Electrical General

ccapplen
Message 1 of 4 (476 Views)

Selector Switch Contacts

476 Views, 3 Replies
09-07-2012 06:50 AM

Hello All,

I am very new to AutoCAD Electrical and I'm having trouble adding additional contacts to componts, namely selector switches.  How is that process done?  When I add a selctor switch it only adds a single contact.

AutoCAD Electrical 2013

Windows 7

Thank you in advance.

*Expert Elite*
dougmcalexander
Message 2 of 4 (472 Views)

Re: Selector Switch Contacts

09-07-2012 09:25 AM in reply to: ccapplen

Go back to the Selector Switch category in the menu and click on the 2nd+ contact of your choice, either NO or NC. Insert the contact next to the parent contact that you already inserted.  Click Parent/Sibling to associate this additional contact to the existing contact.  The reason Electrical works this way is so that you are not limited to a certain wire spacing.  You can insert multi-wire components across any group of wires no matter their spacing.  Hint: This same method can be used for pushbuttons, relays, and any other switching device that can have 2 or more contacts.

Doug McAlexander
Independent Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical, ecscad, and promis-e implementation

Web site: www.ECADConsultant.com
Phone: (770) 841-8009

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Kudos are also much appreciated.
Active Contributor
huyvu90
Message 3 of 4 (408 Views)

11-29-2012 07:45 AM in reply to: ccapplen

If a selector switch has 4 contacts, how would you go about distinguishing between the different contacts?

Currently I assign pin # to each contact to distinguish it from other contacts but I'm not sure if it is the right thing to do.  For example, contact #1 would have pin # 1 and 2.  Contact #2 would have pin # 3 and 4.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 4 of 4 (401 Views)

11-29-2012 11:16 AM in reply to: huyvu90

That is exactly how you would distinguish between different contacts.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community