AutoCAD Electrical General

Active Contributor
David_S_Barrow
Message 1 of 4 (178 Views)

Screened cable marker

178 Views, 3 Replies
10-19-2011 05:26 AM

I added an attribute to the parent cable marker for screened cable. Not a problem I've done this on many symbols, however when I updated the symbol project wide, it moved all the parent markers out of line with the child markers? (see attached pic). As my project is very large with over a hundred cables in it, having to go through every drawing aligning them back up again is very annoying. Can anyone shed any light on why it does this? I haven't changed anything of the graphics in the symbol just added an attribute?

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 2 of 4 (176 Views)

Re: Screened cable marker

10-19-2011 05:34 AM in reply to: David_S_Barrow

That is strange. I do know that if you have a grip active (i.e., snap to endpoint) it can cause problems. Was something like that active??

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
Active Contributor
David_S_Barrow
Message 3 of 4 (174 Views)

10-19-2011 06:03 AM in reply to: testsubject

Nope, I checked that, I've been using AutoCAD and ACADE for many years and it didn't do this on earlier versions, or not that I was aware of. I'm using ACADE 2011, and it's up to date.

*Expert Elite*
rhesusminus
Message 4 of 4 (142 Views)

10-21-2011 06:40 AM in reply to: David_S_Barrow

Can you take a look at where the insertion point of the original block is, using the INSERTION osnap?

Just to check if it is AcadE's update function that creates this error, or if the error was there already?

THL

THL
Please select "Accept As Solution" if this post answers your question. Kudos don't hurt either. ;-)

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community