AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screened cable marker

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
David_S_Barrow
339 Views, 3 Replies

Screened cable marker

I added an attribute to the parent cable marker for screened cable. Not a problem I've done this on many symbols, however when I updated the symbol project wide, it moved all the parent markers out of line with the child markers? (see attached pic). As my project is very large with over a hundred cables in it, having to go through every drawing aligning them back up again is very annoying. Can anyone shed any light on why it does this? I haven't changed anything of the graphics in the symbol just added an attribute?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

That is strange. I do know that if you have a grip active (i.e., snap to endpoint) it can cause problems. Was something like that active??

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 3 of 4

Nope, I checked that, I've been using AutoCAD and ACADE for many years and it didn't do this on earlier versions, or not that I was aware of. I'm using ACADE 2011, and it's up to date.

Message 4 of 4

Can you take a look at where the insertion point of the original block is, using the INSERTION osnap?

Just to check if it is AcadE's update function that creates this error, or if the error was there already?

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost