AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schematic new file iec

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lastratech
7992 Views, 4 Replies

Schematic new file iec

Dear Sirs I am a new user and I have a question regarding project settings. I create a new project and in project settings I remove JIC shematic libraries and add EIC libraries but in shematic icon menu file I didnt find

ace-eic-menu.dat   file.  

So when I start using symbols always JIC shematic simbols apply. I install all IEC (mm)  libraires  .

(AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL 2013 )

KIND REGARDS

GREGOR

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hello,  

When you new a project, if you want a IEC standard project, please copy the project settings from the default IECDEMO project, refer to the attached newproject.png file. By this, all the project settings will follow the IEC standard, included the symbol libs and icon menu.

If you have already created a project in JIC standard, but want to change the symbol lib path and icon menu when insert the component, you need to change the symbol lib path first, then you need to rename the icon menu file to ACE_IEC_MENU.DAT, actully you only need to change the file name is ok, no need to know where is this file, refer to the attached ProjectProperties.png. If you still want to check the file, you can go to this folder: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support

It is better you copy the project settings from the existed project when you create a new project, or you need to change lots of settings after you create the projects.

Thanks,   

Robin Shou   

Quality Assurance   

AutoCAD Electrical   

Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 5

Thanks for helping me. I tried and works now. .

Kind regards.

Gregor

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: lastratech

terima kasih ya ...sangat membantu ....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5

Hi All

I am new to autocad electrical, I have started a new project which I would like to run in IEC.

but i cant get that .  Note:   Am using Autocad Electrical 2007

Regards,

karan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost