AutoCAD Electrical General

lastratech
Message 1 of 4 (4,622 Views)
Accepted Solution

Schematic new file iec

4622 Views, 3 Replies
04-13-2012 01:57 AM

Dear Sirs I am a new user and I have a question regarding project settings. I create a new project and in project settings I remove JIC shematic libraries and add EIC libraries but in shematic icon menu file I didnt find

ace-eic-menu.dat   file.  

So when I start using symbols always JIC shematic simbols apply. I install all IEC (mm)  libraires  .

(AUTOCAD ELECTRICAL 2013 )

KIND REGARDS

GREGOR

Employee
RobinShou-Autodesk
Message 2 of 4 (4,616 Views)

Re: Schematic new file iec

04-13-2012 03:09 AM in reply to: lastratech

Hello,  

When you new a project, if you want a IEC standard project, please copy the project settings from the default IECDEMO project, refer to the attached newproject.png file. By this, all the project settings will follow the IEC standard, included the symbol libs and icon menu.

If you have already created a project in JIC standard, but want to change the symbol lib path and icon menu when insert the component, you need to change the symbol lib path first, then you need to rename the icon menu file to ACE_IEC_MENU.DAT, actully you only need to change the file name is ok, no need to know where is this file, refer to the attached ProjectProperties.png. If you still want to check the file, you can go to this folder: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2013\R19.0\enu\Support

It is better you copy the project settings from the existed project when you create a new project, or you need to change lots of settings after you create the projects.

Thanks,   

Robin Shou   

Quality Assurance   

AutoCAD Electrical   

Autodesk, Inc.

lastratech
Message 3 of 4 (4,607 Views)

04-13-2012 05:57 AM in reply to: RobinShou-Autodesk

Thanks for helping me. I tried and works now. .

Kind regards.

Gregor

ishaq_dega
Message 4 of 4 (4,179 Views)

07-29-2012 10:08 AM in reply to: lastratech

terima kasih ya ...sangat membantu ....:smileyhappy:

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community