AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save As AutoCad 2007 file - permanently

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
vacu82
1195 Views, 8 Replies

Save As AutoCad 2007 file - permanently

Hello,

There's an issue with an ACADE 2013, because of some other software that uses my .dwg files I need to save files in ACAD 2007 format. I've set this in opitions but after opening a few files this setting is being changed to "Autocad 2013" automatically. Is there any way of setting this permanently? 

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
priva2
in reply to: vacu82

For me in AutoCAD Electircal 2012 if I go under the Tools then Options menu.  In that menu I select the Open and Save tab.  I can specify there what version by default AutoCAD saves in.  See attached picture.

Message 3 of 9
vacu82
in reply to: priva2

This is correct. But - I don't know how does it look in 2012 but after I change this option and then open 3-4 files, Autocad automatically changes this option back 😕
And I've checked few other PCs, the same issue so it's not a problem with my confuguration.
Message 4 of 9
priva2

If that is happening I cannot comment further as I have had no issues.  This may be becuase for AutoCAD 2012 that 2010 version is trhe newest version.  Hopefully someone else can comment further. 

Message 5 of 9
vacu82
in reply to: priva2

I've found some semi-solutiuon but it's not good enough: I've created acaddoc.lsp with 

(setenv "DefaultFormatForSave" "36")

inside. It works but only once, when AutoCad starts. After I open few files the option mentioned above changes to "AutoCad 2013". The reason may be that I use SDI mode, I need it because I open hundereds of files during the day, I need to switch between files very often so without SDI mode I have terrible mess, 30-40 files opened in the same time and after some time I'm not sure what I should save and what I shouldn't. Is there any way for running this kind of script every time file is opened in SDI mode?

Message 6 of 9
mitchell2031

Hey,

We had the same problem with ACAD 2013 Electrical and eventually we just moved all of our viewers in the shop to 2013 because of it.  We contacted Autodesk and they were aware of it, but never really gave us any support on the issue.  I believe we found that when ACAD does an autosave after a certain amount of time it saves the file in a 2013 format, but it you do an manual save; its in the older desired format.  I know we got frustrated trying to do a work around with it and eventually just solved our issue by upgrading everything else around it to ACAD 2013.  Not sure if 2014 is any different either, but I know we never had that problem with 2011. 

good luck,

Scott 

Message 7 of 9
vacu82
in reply to: mitchell2031

Thanks for the answer.

To be honest I've found a solution today 🙂 It's not like I'm so smart 😉 I've found it on some board.

What I needed to do is just change the name of my file: acaddoc.lsp to acad.lsp and it works!

So what you need to do:

1. Create a text file and name it "acad.lsp"
  2. Add a content to the file: (setenv "DefaultFormatForSave" "36")
  3. Save the file and copy to C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Acade 2013\Acade

And that's it! It works even if SDI mode is on 🙂

Attached is my file for those lazy users that prefer to "download and use" 😉

Message 8 of 9
drathak

@vacu82 wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

To be honest I've found a solution today 🙂 It's not like I'm so smart 😉 I've found it on some board.

What I needed to do is just change the name of my file: acaddoc.lsp to acad.lsp and it works!

So what you need to do:

Not exactly sound advice if people already have an acad.lsp file, which most do.  Adding that line to the existing acad.lsp would be much better. 

Or, even better, create it as it's own file (saveold.lsp) and add that to the startup suite so that it gets loaded with every drawing.

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 9 of 9
vacu82
in reply to: drathak

Sorry for that, as I said I'm not an expert, this is what I've found in the internet. I didn't have this file but you're right, someone may have and then it's better to add a line rather than replace the file 🙂

Adding files to startup suite doesn't work when SDI mode is on, at least didn't work for me, I've tried that.

@drathak wrote:

@vacu82 wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

So what you need to do:

Not exactly sound advice if people already have an acad.lsp file, which most do.  Adding that line to the existing acad.lsp would be much better. 

Or, even better, create it as it's own file (saveold.lsp) and add that to the startup suite so that it gets loaded with every drawing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost