AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same motor running at different voltages

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
170 Views, 3 Replies

Same motor running at different voltages

I have a situation where I will use the same motor at two different voltages (460 and 380)
The problem arises when I try to show the motor RPM on the drawing. How can I define it in the catalog as motor 123456 with a RPM of 3600 for 460v and motor 123456 with an RPM of 2850 when it is run at 380v without having to manually change that rating??

Thanks
Chad
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay Mackey
in reply to: Anonymous

I noticed no one is answering this. From what I can tell, you have the option of either using a V rating of "380/460 VAC" and an RPM rating of "2850/3600 RPM" as a catch-all system, OR using all of the built in "RATING" attributes, 1 through 4, with 2 of them being used for the 380V case and 2 being used for the 460V case. Then after you place the symbol and select the cat number, just hide the two rating attributes that don't apply.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You can try this trick... set up two catalog part number entries, same MFG and CAT values but use different dummy ASSYCODE values, let's say you use ASSYCODE values of "460VOLTS" and "380VOLTS". For the record entry with the "460VOLTS" ASSYCODE value, set up the TEXTVALS field for your RATINGx attribute to be equal to "3600" and for the "380VOLTS" record's entry set it to "2850". Also adjust the record's descriptions so that they reflect the incoming voltage. Now, when you do a catalog lookup to assign the catalog part number, you'll see your two identical catalog entries in the catalog pick list but one marked 460 and the other 380. Picking one or the other will correctly map that entry's preset RATINGx attribute values out to your motor symbol. "fdna49" wrote in message news:2469400.1090614135530.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2... > I have a situation where I will use the same motor at two different voltages (460 and 380) > The problem arises when I try to show the motor RPM on the drawing. How can I define it in the catalog as motor 123456 with a RPM of 3600 for 460v and motor 123456 with an RPM of 2850 when it is run at 380v without having to manually change that rating?? > > Thanks > Chad
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Jay and Nate,
Thanks for your help!
Nate, your way was the one that I thought of, just thought there may be some other way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost