AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SHEETMAX VALUE IN TITLEBLOCK

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mattheath
571 Views, 4 Replies

SHEETMAX VALUE IN TITLEBLOCK

Right, I have control drawings and plan/schedule drawings in one project, total of 32 sheets.
All sheets use the same attributes block in the titleblocks. On the plan/schedule sheets the sheetmax value fills in as 32, on the control drawings sheets the sheetmax value fills in as 032.
Why?

Matt Heath
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: mattheath

Check the sheet number assignments. If the sheet numbers in the drawings
contain a leading zero the sheetmax will pick up this syntax as well.

wrote in message news:5997749@discussion.autodesk.com...
Right, I have control drawings and plan/schedule drawings in one project,
total of 32 sheets.
All sheets use the same attributes block in the titleblocks. On the
plan/schedule sheets the sheetmax value fills in as 32, on the control
drawings sheets the sheetmax value fills in as 032.
Why?

Matt Heath
Message 3 of 5
mattheath

There are sheet values, %s, for the control drawings and they are three digits, but not with a leading 0, they start at 202.
Why would these two values be tied together? They are not necessarily dependant upon each other.
Message 4 of 5
dougmcalexander

Hmmm...Not sure without seeing the drawings.

wrote in message news:5997764@discussion.autodesk.com...
There are sheet values, %s, for the control drawings and they are three
digits, but not with a leading 0, they start at 202.
Why would these two values be tied together? They are not necessarily
dependant upon each other.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 5 of 5
mattheath

In my previous message I said that the %s value and the sheetmax value are not necessarily dependant upon each other. In fact those two values are not related in any way.
On a different project the PM wanted the total sheet # preceded by the discipline designator, E for electrical. So I modified the sheetmax value for that project to read E23 instead of the default 23, and it worked.
So I thought I would try it here. I replaced the default 32 with 32. Yes, I checked the checkbox for sheet maximum, then highlighted the default value of 32 and typed 32. It worked.
Then I thought I had better check it, so went back into the Title Block Update dialog box, checked the sheet maximum check box, didn't change the value, it still said 32, no leading zero or space, and ran the title block update project wide. It changed the control drawings back to 032.
The previous project sheet numbers were only two digits, there was no problem of a leading zero on that project, this project's sheet numbers are three digits. Sheetmax is picking up the three digit syntax from the sheet number.
It should not be, those two values are not related in any way.
I am using ACADE 2008, fix this. Not in the next version, not tomorrow, NOW. We paid full price for this program, there is no excuse for this sloppy programming. I will be submitting this error through the subscription center so this will be escalated.

Matt Heath

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost