AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running as vanilla AutoCAD

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1126 Views, 6 Replies

Running as vanilla AutoCAD

Just a couple of quick questions (not an ACADE user)... Can one install ACADE2004 and still run (assuming a vanilla profile) as plain vanilla AutoCAD? I have searched but have not found any estimated ship date for ACADE2005... without braking any NDA is there an estimated shipping date? -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I should have mentioned I was a former VIA EEPD+ user (way back when) and I would also assume that the design documentation packages (whole project set) created can be exported so outside resources, clients, etc... can use the designs (export as DWG) in plain vanilla AutoCAD also. Any verfication of this would be helpful. Thanks in advance. -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements "Tracy W. Lincoln" wrote: > Just a couple of quick questions (not an ACADE user)... > > Can one install ACADE2004 and still run (assuming a vanilla profile) as > plain vanilla AutoCAD? > > I have searched but have not found any estimated ship date for ACADE2005... > without braking any NDA is there an estimated shipping date?
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Tracy, AutoCAD Electrical users can run base AutoCAD by running the AutoCAD profile. The profile is installed by AutoCAD Electrical, the user just has to load it. The full unrestricted AutoCAD product is provided to AutoCAD Electrical users. Even when running the AutoCAD Electrical profile, all AutoCAD commands are available. A ship date for the next release of AutoCAD Electrical has not been announced yet but we have announced that it will be based on the new AutoCAD 2005 platform and will ship within 120 days of AutoCAD 2005. Hope that helps. Thanks, Scott Reese Product Manager - AutoCAD Electrical ------------------- "Tracy W. Lincoln" wrote in message news:4063dd95$1_2@newsprd01... > Just a couple of quick questions (not an ACADE user)... > > Can one install ACADE2004 and still run (assuming a vanilla profile) as > plain vanilla AutoCAD? > > I have searched but have not found any estimated ship date for ACADE2005... > without braking any NDA is there an estimated shipping date? > -- > Tracy W. Lincoln > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator > http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements > > >
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Hi Tracy, It's good to hear from some of our old VIA users. You're right, EEPD+ was a while ago. The drawings created by AutoCAD Electrical are native DWG files. No export process is required for users to share drawings or projects with customers and suppliers. Users without AutoCAD Electrical can use base AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT to modify the native AutoCAD Electrical drawings without any issues. Using the Mark/Verify command, AutoCAD Electrical will even tell you every modification downstream users have made to the drawings while they were out of your control. Hope that helps. Thanks, Scott Reese AutoCAD Electrical Product Manager --------------------- "Tracy W. Lincoln" wrote in message news:4063e55b$1_3@newsprd01... > I should have mentioned I was a former VIA EEPD+ user (way back when) and I > would also assume that the design documentation packages (whole project set) > created can be exported so outside resources, clients, etc... can use the > designs (export as DWG) in plain vanilla AutoCAD also. > > Any verfication of this would be helpful. Thanks in advance. > -- > Tracy W. Lincoln > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator > http://www.autodesk.com/discussion-announcements > > > "Tracy W. Lincoln" wrote: > > Just a couple of quick questions (not an ACADE user)... > > > > Can one install ACADE2004 and still run (assuming a vanilla profile) as > > plain vanilla AutoCAD? > > > > I have searched but have not found any estimated ship date for > ACADE2005... > > without braking any NDA is there an estimated shipping date? > >
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you! -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Scott Reese (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40641568$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Tracy, > > It's good to hear from some of our old VIA users. You're right, EEPD+ was a > while ago. > > The drawings created by AutoCAD Electrical are native DWG files. No export > process is required for users to share drawings or projects with customers > and suppliers. Users without AutoCAD Electrical can use base AutoCAD or > AutoCAD LT to modify the native AutoCAD Electrical drawings without any > issues. Using the Mark/Verify command, AutoCAD Electrical will even tell > you every modification downstream users have made to the drawings while they > were out of your control. > > Hope that helps. > > Thanks, > Scott Reese > AutoCAD Electrical Product Manager
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Again, thank you for the information... i have recently returned to the world of system integration and would prefer this package vs the other unmentionables. One last thing, (and I know I should be asking a reseller) but is there an upgrade for someone with a full license of vanilla plain vanilla AutoCAD? vs a whole seperate seat of ACADE. -- Tracy W. Lincoln Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator "Scott Reese (Autodesk)" wrote in message news:40641173$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi Tracy, > > AutoCAD Electrical users can run base AutoCAD by running the AutoCAD > profile. The profile is installed by AutoCAD Electrical, the user just has > to load it. The full unrestricted AutoCAD product is provided to AutoCAD > Electrical users. Even when running the AutoCAD Electrical profile, all > AutoCAD commands are available. > > A ship date for the next release of AutoCAD Electrical has not been > announced yet but we have announced that it will be based on the new AutoCAD > 2005 platform and will ship within 120 days of AutoCAD 2005. > > Hope that helps. > > Thanks, > Scott Reese > Product Manager - AutoCAD Electrical
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Yes, there is an upgrade price from AutoCAD to AutoCAD Electrical. Also, if you still have your seat of VIA, you can save even more money. You can contact your local reseller or call the AutoCAD Electrical sales support team at 1-888-225-5842 for more pricing information. Thanks, Scott ------------------------------ "Tracy W. Lincoln" wrote in message news:40642888$1_3@newsprd01... > Again, thank you for the information... i have recently returned to the > world of system integration and would prefer this package vs the other > unmentionables. > > One last thing, (and I know I should be asking a reseller) but is there an > upgrade for someone with a full license of vanilla plain vanilla AutoCAD? vs > a whole seperate seat of ACADE. > > -- > Tracy W. Lincoln > Autodesk Discussion Group Facilitator > > > "Scott Reese (Autodesk)" wrote in message > news:40641173$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hi Tracy, > > > > AutoCAD Electrical users can run base AutoCAD by running the AutoCAD > > profile. The profile is installed by AutoCAD Electrical, the user just > has > > to load it. The full unrestricted AutoCAD product is provided to AutoCAD > > Electrical users. Even when running the AutoCAD Electrical profile, all > > AutoCAD commands are available. > > > > A ship date for the next release of AutoCAD Electrical has not been > > announced yet but we have announced that it will be based on the new > AutoCAD > > 2005 platform and will ship within 120 days of AutoCAD 2005. > > > > Hope that helps. > > > > Thanks, > > Scott Reese > > Product Manager - AutoCAD Electrical > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost