AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision information into drawing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mako68
452 Views, 3 Replies

Revision information into drawing

Hi,

There is not revision information in drawing attributes. Customer wants to add it to the drawing template but not want to use

project descriptions (LINE1..xx) as this information can be different in various drawings...

Is there a way to do it in ACADE

Mako

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
davidhall
in reply to: mako68

I would think that you would need to add some new attributes to the block in question.

David
Everyone has a photographic memory,
some just don't have film.
Message 3 of 4
drathak
in reply to: davidhall

Been thinking abou this one myself.  We will need a block that houses the revision letter and a number of initials with a short description.  This short description is quite often a "See Rev. Note X" sort of deal, so I also need a larger "note" block that ties back to that revision block. 

I'm thinking I'll make a symbol for the rev. block with whatever attributes I want and an ivisible TAG1 attribute. (Or P_TAG1 for panels.)  Then have a child symbol that houses the big note and matching rev. letter.

Any thoughts?  Can attributes be made like MText?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 4
davidhall
in reply to: drathak

Attributes can be multiline like MText (assuming that was your question).  We use this block, which fits into the border.

David
Everyone has a photographic memory,
some just don't have film.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost