AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resistor on Terminal Block - No wires needed

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
drathak
2486 Views, 2 Replies

Resistor on Terminal Block - No wires needed

I need to show a resistor that is mounted between a pair of terminals, but there don't need to be any "wires" for this connection.  The resistor leads will be crimped with ring terminals and screwed down on the terminal block. (See attached images.)

What would be the best way to go about this?  Something with the TSE and jumpers. maybe?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Icemanau
in reply to: drathak

We have to do something similar for some projects here. I tend to use two terminals and a resistor running between them.

I just clear any assigned wire number between the terminals and the resistor and set the terminal strip ID to indicate that it's for the resistors only.

You may have to do a footprint for the resistor but other than that, it's fairly straight forward. Use the TSE to insert the terminals and then the footprint insert to add the resistor and you are done with the footprint.

For the schematic, just two terminals with a wire between them and add the resistor on that wire.

Regards Brad

>

Brad Coleman, Electrical Draftsman
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
drathak
in reply to: Icemanau

@Anonymous wrote:

For the schematic, just two terminals with a wire between them and add the resistor on that wire.

That is essentially the same as I have now.  There are still wires that aren't there.  I guess I might just be overthinking this.  After all, it isn't like I'm counting the wires at that level. 

Thanks!

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost