AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resequence Item Numbers not assigning alphabetically by MFG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
HavaLilFaith
412 Views, 2 Replies

Resequence Item Numbers not assigning alphabetically by MFG

The Resequence Item Numbers utility is not truly assigning alphabetically by manufacturer. According to the AutoCAD Electrical help, the resequence item numbers utility is supposed to assign item numbers project wide alphabetically based on MFG/CAT/ASSYCODE. In fact this is the default when you click resequence item numbers. However, as you can see in the attached screenshot of my BOM, the item numbers were assigned first by drawing order and then by manufacturer. Hoffman is listed before AB because it was on the front view drawing which was before the subpanel layout drawing in our project, thus Hoffman was assigned a lower item number. This issue forces us to assign item numbers manually rendering the resequence item numbers utility useless for us. I posted about this last year and now I have upgraded to ACADE 2014 hoping it was fixed and now see that it is still not working as described in AutoCAD Electrical Help. See attached screenshot.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
HavaLilFaith
in reply to: HavaLilFaith

I was not able to upload the screenshot on my previous posting - and when I go into my post and click on "Options" to edit, nothing happens. Is this forum having technical problems? I will try to attach my screenshot to this post.
Message 3 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: HavaLilFaith

Not sure why this hasn't been mentioned here (or has it?).
But have a look here https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=631D59799BAD4A7C851516921DD3B600

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost