AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove the contact or NO/NC in a cross reference

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JeffAcadE
917 Views, 6 Replies

Remove the contact or NO/NC in a cross reference

Hi,

Is there a way to remove the contacts or NO/NC format when making a cross reference, and Only showing the reference itself?

I have been trying in the drawing properties to changes some settings in the cross reference tab, but no luck so far.

cross reference.jpg

What i am trying to do is:
I am using multiple manifold blocks, which are on one single base(a base can excist of 1 to 16 manifolds). Each manifold block has its own tag, but so does the base of the manifolds. Therefor I made a Parent block for the Base, and want to use child blocks as a reference to the parent. So the engineer can see which manifold belongs to which base. That is why I don't want to see the Contact or NO/NC part of the reference.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Tee.Dee
in reply to: JeffAcadE

In your child blocks make sure your "CONTACT" attribute has no value.  This should fix your problem.

Message 3 of 7
drathak
in reply to: Tee.Dee

@Tee.Dee wrote:

In your child blocks make sure your "CONTACT" attribute has no value.  This should fix your problem.

Doing that would mess up the pinlist function.  It uses the CONTACT value to determine which sets of pins to offer the user as available.

Doesn't it?

--------------
Joe Weaver
Principle Associate Engineer - Nashville Electric Service
P&C Committee Chair – SDS Industry Consortium
Message 4 of 7
Tee.Dee
in reply to: drathak

Spoiler

You are right.  But in this case you probably would not want to show any pin numbers if you are not showing the contact. There is also nothing stopping you from entering pin numbers manualy. Maybe there is another way??

Message 5 of 7
JeffAcadE
in reply to: Tee.Dee

What I did was, I made a block with symbol editor as a Fuses type. Fuses apperently have xrefs without any contacts, so that actually works fine. I just change the family and tag to my liking..
But I think what you said also works, since fuses are contactless 🙂

Message 6 of 7
dougmcalexander
in reply to: JeffAcadE

Just curious Jeff.  Why couldn't you use the Text-based cross-referencing?  It shows only cross-references.  It does show the letters NO and NC but these are attributes which can be set to Invisible=Yes in the block, so they default to an invisble state.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 7 of 7
sonny3g
in reply to: dougmcalexander

As for needing to keep the pins, wouldn't the pinlist attribute on the parent carry that information?  If so, then I would think just using the xref attribute would be sufficient. 

I must say that I kind of like his approach to a multi-manifold base.  I will have to investigate this more and see if it can help us resolve some issues with multiple solenoids, manifolds and P&ID tags.

Scott G. Sawdy
scott.sawdy@bluecoyotecad.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost