AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re number Terminals during Project

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Masoome
994 Views, 5 Replies

Re number Terminals during Project

Hi,

I want to re number a specific terminal strip in my project. For example: start numbering terminal strip X1 from 1.

Is there any way or I have to do it manually?

Regards,

Masoome

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mako68
in reply to: Masoome

Hi,

You can import the terminals to spreadsheet (to Spreadsheet tool in ACADE). Select terminals in dialog (see attached file).Modify the terminal information in Excel. After that import the updated numbers back to the drawing (or drawings).

Regards

Mako

Message 3 of 6
Masoome
in reply to: mako68

Many thanks for your help. I found another way too. infact it is a ACE solution which I did not know:

menu: components > terminals > terminal strip utility > terminal renumber(project wide)

Best

Message 4 of 6
mako68

Yes that's another way to do it...I had forgotten this command as I didn't find it from the new Ribbon user interface!!

Mako

Message 5 of 6
Masoome
in reply to: mako68

You are right!

I could not too. So I activated "Menu Bar" in order to access "components" tab.

See attached photo.

Message 6 of 6
dougmcalexander

I like the Terminal Strip Renumber very much and I also wish it was part of the ribbon.  You can access a similar command from the Terminal Strip Editor on the Panel Menu.  Select a strip, then select all terminals within the strip.  Next click the 3rd icon from the left in the Terminals section of the Terminal Strip Editor dialog. (see attached screen capture)  Select the new starting number and any additional options you wish to execute at the same time.  This will renumber all selected terminals in both the schematic and the panel layout, if a panel layout exists for the project.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost