AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-Sequencing Item Numbers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jdenny
322 Views, 1 Reply

Re-Sequencing Item Numbers

Currently you can re-sequence item numbers by "MFG" only. Has anyone out there modified some of the LSP & DCL files to allow using something other than MFG as the sort? We generally have 40 or more MFGs on specific projects/drawings so using MFG as a sort is not so usefull. Re-Sequencing by "FAMILY" would be a good option.

Thanks.

-----------------------------
Jeff Denny
Sr. Engineering Manager
Harris Corporation
Melbourne, Florida
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: jdenny

I've not tried to modify the functionality of the resequencing utility but it is supposed to assign the item numbers alphabetically by manufacturer, which would be helpful for purchasing; grouping by manufacturer when you sort by item number.  The only problem I have seen is that the software isn't actually assigning the item numbers alphabetically by manufacturer but assigns by the drawing order of the panel layout drawings and then by manufacturer.  

So a particular manufacturer might appear in the BOM in 3 groups, if parts from that manufacturer appear on 3 panel different layout drawings.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost