AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Radial Links in Symbols

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
383 Views, 0 Replies

Radial Links in Symbols

Hi All

From time to time as I learn more about this program I dabble with the radial wire connection in symbol builder.

What i have tried;

If I take a motor from the library and do not alter the location or delete the radial wire connection I can design the desired symbol and the radial connection does what I want it to do.

All other wire connections I can delete and reinstal with complete confidence.

My company desires a particular format for a transformer symbol requiring a radial connection.

When I add a radial connection from the dialog box it inserts OK but  NEVER works.

I have set the transformer symbol family to MO as a trial but no change.

I have inserted the new symbol on a different drawing with no change.

I have checked what I am doing by compairing a sypplied motor symbol with my new symbol and cant find a difference.

A seperate project has been to edit the source/destination symbols to reflect my current needs but this too has eluded me.

With this problem I simply do a lot of manual editing.

Luckily I only have 3 to 5 drawings in a project.

My previous CAD manager could not make it work on ACE2010.  He lived computer applications.

I am using ACE2012.

I can get around my problem but as the facility is there I would like to use it.

Any clues?

Thanks   John Q

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost