AutoCAD Electrical General Discussion

jorie
Message 1 of 4 (612 Views)

Put filename automatic in sheet value of drawing properties

612 Views, 3 Replies
04-23-2012 05:01 AM

Hi,

Autocad Electrical use the "Sheet value" on the drawing properties to fill in automatic the page number, next page number and use it also for component coding (%S-%N).

But, to fill in the "sheet value on the drawing properties is an manual action.

Is it possible to put automatic the filename (i.e. 100.dwg ) without extension in the "Sheet value"

Kind regards,

John 

JDM1062
Message 2 of 4 (606 Views)

Re: Put filename automatic in sheet value of drawing properties

04-23-2012 11:29 AM in reply to: jorie

Are you speaking of updating the title block? If so, right click on the project name in the project manager and then click on 'update title block...'; check the Sheet (%s value), and then click either 'OK Active Drawing' or 'OK Project Wide'.

*Expert Elite*
testsubject
Message 3 of 4 (592 Views)

04-24-2012 04:57 AM in reply to: JDM1062

If I understand you correctly, you want to fill in the Sheet value automatically with the drawing value. I am not should if that is possible without writing a .lsp to do it. You can however automatically fill in the Sheet value sequentially by selecting to renumber the Sheet value during a Titleblock Update. This allows you to set the sheet value for several drawings assuming they are in order (i.e., 100, 101, 102, etc)

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
jorie
Message 4 of 4 (567 Views)

05-07-2012 04:50 AM in reply to: jorie

Hi Bob, sorry for the late reaction.

You understand my question, but your suggestion will not work for us because we haven/t sequential page numbering.

We work with standard page numbers for each part of the drawing, en have several gaps between the page numbers.

I understand that Autocad Electrical has no standard solution for filling in the sheet value automatically, so we have to write o lisp or do it manually.

Thanks for you answer.

Kind regards John

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Manufacturing Community
The Manufacturing Community provides additional access to tips, tutorials, blogs and networking with peers.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Electrical Category!

The AutoCAD Electrical forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Ask the Community