AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pulling data from project database file-

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
jbarnaby
344 Views, 5 Replies

Pulling data from project database file-

I am currently trying to integrate our project database files with our MRP system.
The project misc settings check box for “Project’s scratch database file shareable (not maintained in local USER subdir) is checked.
So all project database files are located on our network under the project directory.
I then set up an Excel query to get external data from COMP table in the project scratch database (only pulling parent items). (Listed by RECNUM)
That all seems to work pulling the data initially, until a change is made in a dwg.
Result; RECNUM is not staying consistent after change is made.

Does anyone have any input regarding this, or how I should proceed differently?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: jbarnaby

I guees what are you trying to pull from the scratch DB? The scratch db changes all the time it is not a good Idea to "un-localize" it.Tell me a little more about what you are trying to achive and maybe I can help you better. "jbarnaby" wrote in message news:21402785.1100117430577.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... >I am currently trying to integrate our project database files with our MRP >system. > The project misc settings check box for "Project's scratch database file > shareable (not maintained in local USER subdir) is checked. > So all project database files are located on our network under the project > directory. > I then set up an Excel query to get external data from COMP table in the > project scratch database (only pulling parent items). (Listed by RECNUM) > That all seems to work pulling the data initially, until a change is made > in a dwg. > Result; RECNUM is not staying consistent after change is made. > > Does anyone have any input regarding this, or how I should proceed > differently?
Message 3 of 6
jbarnaby

Thank You for the reply Joshua,
Locating the project database file to a network location has been working great w/ multiple users updating project.
The "RECNUM" field I was trying to use was not consistent, I have since switched to using "TAG NAME" as unique ID, and filter the query to look at parent items only (=1).
The drawback to this, is I am not able to use Muti-BOM or ASM codes. I have to create a Tag Name for every item utilized in dwgs.
Anyone PLEASE!!! let me know if there is a more convenient way.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

What are you doing? Uploading BOMs to the MRP? Downloading something from the MRP? I guess if you are trying to integrate the BOM into the MRP I would do the following: Export a Component report Then filter and upload. "jbarnaby" wrote in message news:4777522.1100632683060.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Thank You for the reply Joshua, > Locating the project database file to a network location has been working > great w/ multiple users updating project. > The "RECNUM" field I was trying to use was not consistent, I have since > switched to using "TAG NAME" as unique ID, and filter the query to look at > parent items only (=1). > The drawback to this, is I am not able to use Muti-BOM or ASM codes. I > have to create a Tag Name for every item utilized in dwgs. > Anyone PLEASE!!! let me know if there is a more convenient way.
Message 5 of 6
jbarnaby

Thank You again Joshua fro the reply-

My current setup is;
The MRP system reads the project database file on a real-time basis as changes are made in CAD w/o providing manually driven reports.

TAG NAME is the unique identifier (database key) that is used in the MRP system.

When you use Multiple BOM or ASM codes, the Parent items you list in the assembly, share the same TAG NAME.

So in turn, TAG NAME is no longer a unique ID.

I am looking for an easier way to call-out multiple items w/ unique identifiers so MRP can read them as seperate items.
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry, dude not realtime. the best thing I could tell is to sync it instead of realtime. make a utility that upload the components to the MRP when the proj is complete you know. other than that I dont know. "jbarnaby" wrote in message news:10994798.1100650881891.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Thank You again Joshua fro the reply- > > My current setup is; > The MRP system reads the project database file on a real-time basis as > changes are made in CAD w/o providing manually driven reports. > > TAG NAME is the unique identifier (database key) that is used in the MRP > system. > > When you use Multiple BOM or ASM codes, the Parent items you list in the > assembly, share the same TAG NAME. > > So in turn, TAG NAME is no longer a unique ID. > > I am looking for an easier way to call-out multiple items w/ unique > identifiers so MRP can read them as seperate items.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost