AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish project to dwg not ACADE?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
RMichaud
797 Views, 8 Replies

Publish project to dwg not ACADE?

Has anyone discovered, created a way to publish projects to DWG files that are not AutoCAD Electrical intelligent? I have some customers that require dwg copies of the project drawings and my projects have 100's of drawings each. I am aware that my customers have ACADE and I do not want to give them all of the work that I have done to create my projects for them to duplicate in the future. It is allot of work to go through each drawing to explode and purge and save-as to prepare them for the customer. Anyone have a lisp for this or know if this can be automated by ACADE?

Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
Darly Custom Technology Inc.
www.darlytech.com
Via Lite V3 thru ACADE 2011
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Gaituuth
in reply to: RMichaud

Hi Ronald,

Use the AutoCAD Electrical command AEEXPLODE in a script. With the "Project Wide Utilitites" you can run it on your project (Make a copy first!!!).

the only thing you have todo is to write a small script with AEEXPLOD then the next line ALL then goto the next line.

Save the script and run it.

Good luck.

Regards,

Gerald

Message 3 of 9
RMichaud

Attn.  Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman) 

Hi Brad,

Got any ideas?

Thanks,

Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
www.darlytech.com
Message 4 of 9
Icemanau

Not on this subject....

Usually when a client purchases a board from us, we supply the ACAD or ACADE dwgs as part of the manual for the board.

After the board leaves our workshop, the client is responsible for maintaining the dwg if there are any changes to the control systems in the board. Our policy is the dwgs are part of what the client pays for when they purchase one of our boards and this gives them total control of the dwgs on handover or delivery.

If we go out to site for any maintenance, we request the latest dwgs from them and compare them to copies that we have kept from when the board was tested for safety and functionability before leaving our workshop. This shows us any modifications made by the client and usually makes it easier to find any problems.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 5 of 9
dougmcalexander

Gerald told you correctly.  He is highly skilled with all things pertaining to AutoCAD Electrical. 

You could also use ace_migr_burst in a script.  Just create a text file with the file extension .SCR (i.e. specialexplodeall.scr).  The first line would read as ace_migr_burst.  The second line should have the word ALL.  Press enter at the end of the second line, like you are going to enter a 3rd line, but don't type anything into the 3rd line.  Just save the file.  Use Project Copy to create a duplicate of your project, which will be stripped of its intelligence.  Be sure the duplicate project is active.  Start Project-wide Utilities.  Check to box next to Run command script file.  Browse to the specialexplodeall.scr file.  Click OK and Do All to execute against all project drawings.  This method even explodes the hidden wd_m block, so your drawings will consist of nothing but dumb lines, circles, squares, and text. 

I will attach my special explode all script in a zip file. Download the attachment and unzip to any folder of your choosing.  The default location where AutoCAD Electrical looks for command scripts is your User folder, which is located under your user profile.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 6 of 9
RMichaud

Hi Doug,

Thanks much for the Christmas gift.....gonna get right to unwrapping it. Can't wait. Smiley Happy

Ron

Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
www.darlytech.com
Message 7 of 9
RMichaud

Totally bumbing.

I can't figure this script stuff out. I keep getting kicked out. Here's the text from the command line.....

Command:

Project-Wide functions

_.UNDO Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes, Layer = Yes Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back]

<1>: _MARK

Command: _.UNDO Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes,

Layer = Yes

Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back]

<1>: _BEGIN

Command:  

Checking files for any marked in-use/read-only . . .

(Active drawing is first in list)_.ACE_SCRIPT

C:/Users/Ron/AppData/Roaming/Autodesk/AutoCAD Electrical

2011/R18.1/enu/Support/user/_PRJRUN

Error creating temp file 'C:\Users\Ron\AppData\Local\Temp\ace8D48.scr'

Command: _.UNDO Current settings: Auto = On, Control = All, Combine = Yes,

Layer = Yes

Enter the number of operations to undo or [Auto/Control/BEgin/End/Mark/Back]

<1>: _END

Command:

Each time I try it the Error message shows a different temp file name. Any ideas guys?

Thanks,

Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
www.darlytech.com
Message 8 of 9
RMichaud

I am able to use the command

ace_migr_burst

on a page by page bassis and it does work well, but I have to enter it twice to clear the hidden wd_m block also.

ace_migr_burst, enter

ALL, enter

enter

ace_migr_burst, enter

ALL, enter

enter

then flip to the next drawing.

When I tried to run the script, it would pause and require a selection to be made. IfI entered ALL it would process it but then stop the script. It would not auto jump to the next drawing. Odly, it would also dissable to AEPREV, AENEXT nav tools. But if I closed the drawing and open another drawing before or after it, the nav tools work through the drawing again.

I will say the tool (ace_migr_burst) does save me a few steps from what I was doing before......now if I can only get the script to run.....

It would be great if there was a plot to dwg option that could strip everything out.

Ronald Michaud
Electrical Engineer
www.darlytech.com
Message 9 of 9
dougmcalexander

The script I attached works every time for me. It also deletes the wd_m block, so I'm at a loss as to why it isn't working for you.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost