AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publish To Different Page Setups

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jlr573
218 Views, 2 Replies

Publish To Different Page Setups

I have a project of about 50 drawings and they are all setup to print to a plotter at 24x36.
I want to publish all of these drawings to a different printer and print them at 11x17.
How do i go about doing this without opening each drawing and printing each drawing one at a time.
I want to change the Page Setup for all drawings to print to a different printer.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MartinLee
in reply to: jlr573

This can be done with a simple script file which may be run project wide. Yes, each drawing has to be opened, but AcadE does all that for you. The script I use is below. You can take this and change the printer name. Also, this does everything but actually plot the drawing. If you want the drawing to plot, change the last N to Y and delete the QSAVE command. Good luck!

(command "-plot" "y" "model" "Printer Name" "ANSI B (11.00 X 17.00 INCHES)" "" "landscape" "n" "extents" "fit" "0,0" "y"
"CTB File Name" "y" "" "n" "y" "n" "qsave")
Message 3 of 3
sven_kloeck
in reply to: jlr573

Another solution is to make the page setup correct for 1 drawing and naming it. Then start then publish command. Then select all the pages. Right-click on a drawing and choose 'change page setup' and then select import. Then find the drawing with the correct page setup. Then import it. Then select the correct page setup. It will have the prefix 'imported:'. Now press publish.
This way the page setup will only be used to plot and will not be in the drawing itself. It will give the same plot result for all the drawing you select. I use 1 drawing with all the page setups for every printer and paper size so I don't have to change the page setup all the time.

Sven Kloeck
Electrical Network Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost