AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projects automatically removed from Project Manager

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
priva2
340 Views, 5 Replies

Projects automatically removed from Project Manager

Hi All,

It seems from time to time a project that I have in my Project Manager in AutoCAD Electrical 2010 will be removed from the project manager.  I have various projects in my manager so I have easy access to some of our standard drawing packages.  It seems to only happen to projects I have not accessed for a while.  Has anyone else noticed this happening and a way to stop it?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
KevinLi-Autodesk
in reply to: priva2

Hi priva2,

Appreciate your report, I investigate it in my Autocad Electrical 2010 and also recall from my experience I don't meet this issue.

Can you reopen the removed projects via C:\Users\{username}\Documents\Acade 2010\AeData\Proj forlder ? This is Win7 OS path.

Another tip is all the projects information you created is written in LastProj.fil file, it is located at C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD Electrical 2010\R16.2\enu\Support\User folder. Can you check if those removed projects' information are existed in that file ?

Not sure if you have installed Autocad Electrical 2010 Update1, suggest to install it from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13777929&linkID=9240738 to see if it can resolve your problem.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 3 of 6
priva2
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

Hello,

I can reopen the projects but we store them on a networked drive not the C drive.  Also the project information remains in my enu\support\user folder.  I'm thinking there is some set timer AutoCAD Electrical uses to remove projects from that list.  It's been happeneing for years but I finally decided to ask on the forums.

Message 4 of 6
KevinLi-Autodesk

Hi priva2,

Thanks for your reply and hints, so we can use reopen as workaround. As for set timer in Autocad Electrical I don't think it is reasonable. I will invite development team to take a look at if there is a set timer from code level.

You wrote:

"It's been happeneing for years but I finally decided to ask on the forums."

In order to narrow down and evaluate this problem, just confirm with you that is it a machine specific issue that only reproduce on your PC ? Do you have any chance to also see this problem in other machines ? If you don't mind, can you try to Repair or Reinstall your Autocad Electrical via Control Panel (launch Control Panel > select Autocad Electrical > click Uninstall > click Repair or Reinstall ) to see if it can fix the issue.

Regards,

Kevin Li

SQA Engineer

Autodesk, Inc.

Kevin-Hongyuan Li
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Design, Lifecycle and Simulation Product Group
Direct: +86 21 2039 6025
Email: Hongyuan.Li@autodesk.com
Autodesk, Inc.
NO. 130, Lane 91, E Shan Rd
Building 12, Floor 6,
Shanghai 200127, PRC
www.autodesk.com
Message 5 of 6
priva2
in reply to: KevinLi-Autodesk

I talked to my associates and one has not seen this but he never leaves projects in the manager if he is not working on them.  The other 2 have it happen too.  One has XP and one has Windows 7.  The people running windows 7 are also running 2012.  I might just make a list of these base projects and store them in a specific location.

Message 6 of 6
priva2

As for repairing I have done that 2 or 3 times on this PC in the past 2 years and I've had this issue between each repair.  I have also done a fresh installation when my hard drive died last year.  Thankfully we have imaging software at work now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost