AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project wide update of description text on destination arrows...

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
CAD-ICE
384 Views, 4 Replies

Project wide update of description text on destination arrows...

Hi there!

just found out that when adding description text to an already linked source arrow the description text for the matching destination arrow does not update. Do I have to do this manually?

Thx, and regards, Gary

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Yes this is a manual update.

Use the Signal Reference Update tool to make the updates. This can just be a selected source/destination or dwg/project wide.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 3 of 5
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Icemanau

Hello Brad and thank´s for your comment on the thread.

I´m not seeing that the description text gets updated using the signal reference update tool?

The signal reference is updated but the description text added to a source arrow is not transferred to the destination arrow when using the signal reference update tool, not even project wide!

Am I misunderstanding something here?

Regards, Gary

Message 4 of 5
Icemanau
in reply to: CAD-ICE

My mistake, I don't use descriptions on signal references all that often. Just checked and you are correct, the Signal update does not propogate any descriptions.

To get the description picked up by the by the paired signal reference), you need to edit the other end of the pair and re-select the signal reference you added the description to. This will force the description to update.

Regards Brad

Icemanau (NNTP handle: Brad Coleman
AutoCAD Electrical User and IT Hardware Support

Message 5 of 5
CAD-ICE
in reply to: Icemanau

Thank´s Brad thought that you had missed this Smiley Happy

I sometimes need to fill in some extra information in the description field and in this case the need comes afterwards based on requests from our customer.

I can of course export to spreadsheet, insert the description and import back but I would have thought that the "Child Location/Description Update" tool would do the work but seems like it´s not functional on the source/destionation arrows?

Thank´s again for the assistance.

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost