AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project wide plot PDF

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Ray_O-Mahony
1382 Views, 6 Replies

Project wide plot PDF

I know we can Batch Plot project wide DWF directly from ACAD E, but is there any functionality where we can do the same for PDF .

Autocad Electrical 2012

regards

Ray 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Davidc1204
in reply to: Ray_O-Mahony

There are a number of ways to do this,

I tend to use:

Right click on the active project - choose publish - plot project select all drawings

Set the printer as Acade DWG to PDF, tick the plot to file box and specify the destination folder in the adjacent box.

There is also DWG to PDF and if you have a PDF creation program installed then you can plot to that as well - you may need to set up a page plot and save a .pc3 file for you to find in the publish settings.

Regards

David

Message 3 of 7

Hello!!!

Sorry!!! Is possible to make or configure a hyperlink between sheet/drawings, take in account a cross references or child/parent association when I plot a project drawing in pdf format?

Thanks

Randolf

Message 4 of 7

As far as I know, the answer to that is no.

ACE uses a scratch database to handle all the project links. There is no way to embed this into a pdf.

Bob Hanrahan
Ace User since 1998
If this answered your question, please click on "Accept Solution"
Message 5 of 7
awnrycuss
in reply to: Ray_O-Mahony

I don't remember if it is present in ECADE 2012 but in 2013 you can click on the ACAD symbol in top right and left click on publish.  Under teh Publish to drop down selection choose PDF.  From there you can add dwgs to your sheet list and remove drawings.  Just click the + or - symbol in the top left corner o fteh sheet list box and browse to the drawings you want to print.  In the "Publish Options" selection you can designate a location where you want the PDF saved to. Also in this same menu you can select  select Single Sheet File or Mulitsheet file.  This will determine if each drawing is an individual PDF or if all your drawings are one PDF file with muliple pages.  We use this all the time to package our projects into PDF documents for our customer submittals and for online downloads of project packages.  You may need to play with it a few times to get all the little issues figured out but it works better than "Publish - Plot Project"  Because it does all of it in the background while you work on something else as well as doesn't have to open each file and prompt for name.  The thing I like best over the Plot Project command is the Multisheet file option so I don't have to go package all teh drawings together into one package after they are printed to pdf.

Message 6 of 7
awnrycuss
in reply to: awnrycuss

Sorry for typo but ACAD Symbol in top left is what I meant. This option is the Batch plot but it offers pdf and not just dwf
Message 7 of 7

Autodesk might consider making this possible.

My company is looking at Eplan which can do this (its a loop of hyperlinks but at least you can surf in the pdf it creates).

I am not saying this is the main driver for making a decision to switch to Eplan... but... if someone else can do it Autodesk should be able to figure it out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost