AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project specific WD.ENV file

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CAD-ICE
771 Views, 4 Replies

Project specific WD.ENV file

Hi, I was wondering if it´s possible to define for each individual project a specific environment file.

If this is achievable, should I place the individual files in the relevant project folder and is there a naming convention to follow ?

Thx, Gary

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi Gary.

The project specific env-file can be named whatever, but it has to reside in the same folder as the rest of your env-files (My Documents\AcadE 2012\AeData as default).

You must also right-click the project name in the project manager, select Settings. Then click Environment file.

Settings.PNG

Here you'll select what env-file you want this project to use. It'll be saved in the WDP-file and re-read whenever you activate this project.

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 5
Justin2012
in reply to: rhesusminus

My goal is to have a shared network with other users but I am a little confuse on the corretc approach to do this.

Which is correct : I go to Option, click on Support File Search Path and then add the shared path OR I open each Environmental File and add the shared path OR right click on the Project Properties, double click on the Schematic Libraries and the ADD the path to it.

Please guide or advise if all have the same result. Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
robbm2k
in reply to: Justin2012

Justin,

If you'd like to share the ENV file, you'll want to make the AEData folder that the ENV file(s) reside in at a network location. Then add that path in the support file search path, and be sure to rename the AEdata folder that is usually in My Documents\ACADE 2013\. ACADE defaults to look at that location first, so you'd need to rename it so it doesn't use the local ENV and instead goes to the support file search path to locate it (and then find it at the network location). The schematic libraries can still be edited on each project basis, as those can be separate settings than the ENV file. from the project properties box, you can click DEFAULT, which will apply the settings listed in the ENV file to that specific project.

Message 5 of 5
Justin2012
in reply to: robbm2k

I will try it. Another issue is,  we just transition to a 2013 version and my schematic BOM suddenly is missing my catalog information. Is this a bug orwhats happening?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost