AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project and Sheet Sets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
itlogicllc
303 Views, 3 Replies

Project and Sheet Sets

Hi, I sent off for a trial version so I've had no real hands on experience yet with ACE.

In normal ACAD, I utalize sheet sets to maintain drawing references. I insert a field and link it to some sheet set attributes.

I see ACE has a project method to group all electrical drawings used in a project so they are aware of each other.

Does a project have the same attributes as a sheet set which can be linked to fields so that a project serves the same purpose as a sheet set as well as it's own function, or will I have to maintain a sheet set for drawing reference and a project seperately for my electrical linkage?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cawaugh
in reply to: itlogicllc

I suppose it depends on what you are reference in the sheet set but I've found that the Project manager has all the info I need to reference all of my drawings and the titleblock. We do not utilize sheet sets since we are so familiar with Project Manager.
Message 3 of 4
itlogicllc

Yes I was reading about how a project in ACADE will maintain a "smart" title block. That is certainly one use for sheet sets as well.

The other thing I used with sheet sets is references to other drawings and detail callout references. For instance, in a sheet set I have all the drawings in a set. Each drawing entry in the set has attributes like drawing number, sheet number, drawing title, etc.

If I create a reference to another drawing in a "Referece Drawings" section or a callout in the drawing, I create a field. I link that field to the appropriate attribute of the corrisponding referenced drawing in the sheet set. If that referenced drawing title or number changes, it automatically changes in all the linked fields throught the set. This way I don't have to go back and find all of those references to change them manually.

In the field editor, I get a dialog box with all kinds of attribute I can link the field to. In all of the options is sheet sets, within that selection I can drill down to a specific drawing and its attributes in that sheet set. Can I do something similar with projects and fields? Is there a "Projects" option, similar to "Sheet Sets", in the field editor?

My problem will come in duplicating information if I have to maintain both sheet sets and projects. I will have to maintain drawing title and number in a sheet set as well as the project. The sheet set would have to be used for external references and the project would have to be used for local title block information.
Message 4 of 4
cawaugh

I haven't found one yet but it would be nice to see a comparison between what the Sheet set is capable of and what the Project Manager is capable of. I do know that any referencing we've done can be done with the Project Manager. Maybe one of the AutoCAD Electrical developers can give us a comparison. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost