AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project Publish Not Following Page-Setups

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
cpetzol2
746 Views, 1 Reply

Project Publish Not Following Page-Setups

We print our drawings in 3 different sizes, on three different printers. All of the electrical goodies are in modelspace, and then we have a single paperspace layout, 'Layout-1', which contains the title-block.

Sometimes this works with no problems, whereas othertimes it will send the drawing to the targetted printer, but it is as if it ignored the page-setup, and instead used the previous page-setup. (the drawing is scaled like it should fit on a different sized sheet). All of my plotter configs are set to 'fit to page' and 'zoom extents'.

Also, If I manually click on the 'Layout 1' and click plot, after setting up the plot and sending, it will print perfectly. But, immediately after, if I go back through the project manager and publish project, I will get garbage out again.

I have found that certain actions *correct* the problem, but I do not understand why they are needed, and more importantly, how to avoid them.

----If I set Layout-1 to my desired page-setup, save the drawing, close the project, reopen the project, open the foresaid drawing, and then publish project, I will get good results. (even though, in the publish dialog, Im not using *active document* defaults)

----If I close Autocad completely, open the project,and then publish, I get good results.

Its when I publish using one page-setup/plotter, and then right afterwards I switch to an alternate page-setup/plotter and then re-publish, that I have problems. 

Some things Ive noticed. When I have just finished with 11x17 prints, and then switch to the 18x24 plotter, while Autocad is processing all of the documents, I have made out parts of the command prompt that say something to the order of, 'printable dimensions are 7x11'. (where on earth did it come up with that?) The final print will be zoomed extents but not fit to page (an 18x24 page that is). And to top it all off, the plotter will spit out a sheet that is 25x24" with the ink covering an area roughly 7x11".

This just becomes a problem when I print a 30 page project on the 18x24 plotter, and then 4 hours later come to find that every single one of the prints needs to be redone. (and we just wasted half a roll of paper)

Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
cpetzol2
in reply to: cpetzol2

Well, Im sure there is better way to solve my problem, but I ended up making a plot utility that issues the plot commands itself, and then executing the utility on each drawing to be plotted.

The core of the utility works off of this one call...

(command "-plot" "n" "layout1" "archC_std" "" "n" "n" "y")

Each of the 3 main plot configurations gets its own little alias, and all I do is type 'plotall archc', and the entire active project will be plotted with no additional interruptions (no plot dialogs or project drawing selection). Typing 'plotsome archc' will pop the drawing selection dialog, and then proceed straight to plotting.

And I haven't had a misprint yet.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost