AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Reset

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jamarks
251 Views, 4 Replies

Profile Reset

I am using Autocad Electrical 2006. I suddenly encountered an issue (still unresolved) where it seems all dialog boxes have been disabled. For example, when I want to "save as" or "open" a drawing, no box appears, just a prompt at the command line asking me what format I want to save it in etc....

I thought this would be a simple fix, so I began hunting for a solution. I came across Tools -> Properties -> Profiles. I then reset my ACADE profile, thinking this would restore default settings. Since I have reset my profile, all my electrical capabilites are gone. No toolbars, pull down menus, nothing. The only remaining sign of Electrical is the splash screen when I start.

I'm pretty stuck here and would appreciate any ideas.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jamarks
in reply to: jamarks

I have resolved the dialog box problem.
Message 3 of 5
jamarks

Ideas anyone? Pretty desperate here.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Is this just a system variable issue with FILEDIA and CMDDIA? Make sure both
are set to a value of 1. If this is not what you're asking about, please
restate the problem.
thanks!
Nate.

wrote in message news:4953546@discussion.autodesk.com...
Ideas anyone? Pretty desperate here.
Message 5 of 5
jamarks

Well I ended up reinstalling, saving my libraries and database files etc.

My problem was that Autocad Electrical just looked like standard Autocad. No electrical features at all. I think it was a result of me resetting my "ACADE" profile. I got a coworker to export his .arg profile, and I imported and set it as the current on mine. Everything Electrical returned to just the way it looked before, but I got errors every time I tried to execute an electrical command.

Anyways, it very easily could have been something simple, but I'll be darned if I didn't try just about everything I could. Haven't had any formal training and with no tech support sometimes I miss the obvious. Thanks for the help anyways and I'll be sure to never reset my profile.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost