AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with Ladder Reference Numbers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1003 Views, 3 Replies

Problems with Ladder Reference Numbers

Hi there, 

I want to create "Sheet-number" ie: 3-24 (sheet 3 rung 24) ladder references. However everytime I created them it will be shown as 24-3 instead. 

I'm using the IEC2 lib and I've checked all the settings and procedures. 

So out of curiosity I tried the same thing using the JIC125 lib, and it works (showing 3-24). 

I searched the block file responsible for creating the reference (WD_MLRH6.dwg) from the 2 libraries and compared them. 

The JIC lib block will have the attribute SHEET then RUNGFIRST, where as

the IEC lib block will have the attribute RUNGFIRST then SHEET. 

At the moment I've manually swapped the 2 attributes around in WD_MLRH6.dwg from the IEC lib to make this work (showing 3-24). 

Was wondering is this a block file issue? Or I'm completely off a tangent?

Thanks

Anthony

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What are you trying to add the sheet ref to?? A component? if so you need to look at the project properties (for all drawings in the projects) or drawing properties (for just a single drawing) and under components. The tag format tells what to label the component as. In your case it would be %S%N. You would label your sheet as 3- and the component insertion point for the component would be on line 24

%S being the sheet number referenced from each drawing sheet value

%N being the line number

Here we use the component family also in the component label %F

Example would be %F%S%N would give CON3-24 for a contactor located on sheet 3- line 24

it would be the same proceedure for wire numbers set them to %S%N

hope this helps

Dennis

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

if you do it project wide remember to apply default properties to ALL drawings

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Hi Dennis thanks for your reply. 

Just to clarify: 

I'm trying to create the ladder reference (Schematics -> Insert Ladder) to show the rung numbers on every page (Sheet-rung format). 

I've followed the tutorals and procedures to create this but it still doesn't behave as it should. 

PS: 

I've used %S%N for wire numbers and component referencing and they works perfectly fine in this project. 

That's why I suspect the WD_MLRH6.dwg block has issues in the orginal post. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost