AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems when inserting multiple cable markers.....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CAD-ICE
413 Views, 2 Replies

Problems when inserting multiple cable markers.....

Hi there,

I have a strange problem when inserting multiple cablemarkers. The problem occurs only if or when the first conductor which also holds the parent symbol is different from the first number defined in the pinlist for the cable in question.

I have no problems inserting the cable and ACADE fetches the pinlistvalues going from 1,2,3,4...etc,

However if i go and edit the conductors manuallly such that conductor previously defined no.1 is numered 17 and conductor previously defined no.2 is numbered 18 and following conductors get numered 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 (see attached image) strange things happen. For some reason this action causes the parent conductor to lose somehow connectivity with the database such that catalog information already defined in the one line schematics are not inherited.

Any comments greatly appreciated.

Regards, Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: CAD-ICE

Hi Gary.

If you rebuild the database.. Do it "reconnect"?

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
CAD-ICE
in reply to: rhesusminus

Hello Rhesusminus,

I´ll give it a try tomorrow to see if it reconnects after a rebuild.

Thanks again for looking into this.

Regards, Gary

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost