AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Destination Arrows in autocad elctrical 2009

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wxt6001
292 Views, 1 Reply

Problem with Destination Arrows in autocad elctrical 2009

Hi, my job is to design electrical schematics. I'm doing this for several years now. Throughout these years I always had the agreement with the study groups and the electricians that the Source/Destination arrows point in the direction of the current flow. This means it's possible there're two destination-arrows connected on one potential (wire).

I worked with all kind of designing programs and never had a problem with the Source/Destination Applications. Now I started working with Autocad Electrical 2009 and it's not possible to put two destination-arrows on one wire. When I want to connect a second destination-arrow on one wire, he just adapts the first destination-arrow.

Who can help me with this problem?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
dougmcalexander
in reply to: wxt6001

You can send one source to multiple destinations, as long as the destinations are separated by components.  For example, you branch off the main and neutral to feed a control circuit.  You add a ladder to the right-hand side of your page.  You drop a source onto a branch from L1.  You insert a destination onto the top left rail of the control circuit ladder.  You cannot then insert a source onto a branch of neutral and insert a second destination on the top right rail of the control circuit, until you add components to the rungs to remove the dead short from rail to rail.  What I just described is from an exercise I teach in my classes so my trainees will not run into this problem when they get back to their office and start their first project.  I actually let my students make this error so they can understand what Electrical is doing.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost