AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem viewing terminal symbol in "terminal strip editor" panel layout view

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
circuit1
621 Views, 2 Replies

Problem viewing terminal symbol in "terminal strip editor" panel layout view

I have created my own terminal block icon which i can access from the panel icon menu and i also added it in the catalogue database which is under "trms" weidmuller. I also made this block the wd_default_terminal.dwg so that when using the "terminal strip editor" and selecting the correct catalogue part number i.e my weidmuller terminal, then i should be able to view this terminal in panel layout view......

The problem i am having is that when creating my terminal strip from my schematic by selecting the "terminal strip editor" and i select from the catalogue list my terminal it will not show the terminals in the "layout preview", it will show the tabular terminal strip (table object) and even the jumper chart if i select this in layout preview. But if i select insert it will insert my terminals.

I noticed that when in "layout preview" in the terminal strip editor, on my command prompt it tries to load my terminal blocks but it says the following:

Block FPT_DKT4-35 refrences itself ( where FPT_DKT4-35 is my block)

Any ideas???

I sometimes get a error message "Error loading Hedi Module"

Adrian

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rhesusminus
in reply to: circuit1

Open  FPT_DKT4-35.DWG, and explode the block in that drawing, that is also called  FPT_DKT4-35. This is what creates the self referencing.

Purge the unused blocks and save the file.

Now it should work as expected.

THL

Trond Hasse Lie
AutoCAD Electrical and EPLAN expert
Ctrl Alt El
Please select "Accept Solution" if this post answers your question. 'Likes' won't hurt either. 😉
Message 3 of 3
circuit1
in reply to: rhesusminus

Thank you so much, have a nice day!

Adrian

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost