AutoCAD Electrical Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Electrical Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Electrical topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem updating report on drawing

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kwj
Contributor
452 Views, 2 Replies

Problem updating report on drawing

When I run a bill of material report and choose to place on drawing-> update existing, nothing happens and the message "Unknown command "0/ENU/SUPPORT/USER/_SMARTTBL.SCR"." appears in the output console. Any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dougmcalexander
in reply to: kwj

I've never seen that error myself.  But I can tell you that, if Update Existing is not an option, it means that no report created from the selected format has been inserted previously into the project.  I use Automatic Reports but I can still update by reports by re-running the report I need and selecting the same format file that I used to create it in the first place.  If a report created with that format exists anywhere in the project, it gets updated.

Hint: The software will find the report and update it, even if you don't have the drawing open. I cover this on day 5 of training.  We set up Automatic Reports to generate BOM drawings and wire list drawings, adding them to the end of the project.  They both spread across multiple drawings because one page won't hold all the data.  We make a change and then re-run whichever report is necessary by clicking the Format button at the bottom of the chosen Report category and selecting the .set file we saved earlier when we created/customized the report.   This is done using the Report Format Setup utility.  The Update Existing option becomes available if the software finds a report anywhere in the project that was created from the same .set file.  It will update multiple drawings at once, if the original report spreads across multiple pages/drawings.

Doug McAlexander

Design Engineer/Consultant/Instructor/Mentor specializing in AutoCAD Electrical training and implementation support

Phone and Web-based Support Plans Available

Phone: (770) 841-8009

www.linkedin.com/in/doug-mcalexander-1a77623

Please Accept as Solution if I helped you. Likes are also much appreciated.
Message 3 of 3
kwj
Contributor
in reply to: dougmcalexander

I figured it out. My borrowed license had expired about a half hour previously. I continued to get a bunch of other weird errors until I killed autocad, borrowed the license again, and restarted.

Thanks for the tips.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost